2. Welcome to The Academy

Hey I'm back, I'm trying to make the chapters longer but, it may take time. Please comment (by the way Sophie's lion form is the lion pictured on the cover of this book, go check it out!)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matt picked up the last of his bags and loaded then into the car. He was about to go off the academy, he had a good feeling that that this would change his life. On the long trip to the mansion he kept reading over the letter he was given only a week before.

It gave the details of the mansion building that was The Academy. About the endless school rules, regarding Enigmas using their powers. More rules than Matt really wanted to think.

The sun was shining so matt thought that today was going to be good.

The car turned off the road down a long country road that had to be over a kilometre in length. Then in the distance there was a grand old building. There was a mansion that had huge grounds and a big side building. In front was a basketball court with ten boys playing on, it they all looked normal. But they all stated at Matt as he exited the car on to a gravel pathway.

He saw Jenny standing on top of the twenty ageing steps leading into the entry hall. She was wearing a casual outfit but next to her stood a lion. Matt had to do a double take. A LION

"Mat, I presume you had a safe trip, before you panic the lion is Sophie, it's her normal form."

"If you want to leave you belongings in the hall quickly Matt we will just go in to see the professor then we will show you round." Jenny said in her usual kind voice. Matt couldn't help but gaze in aspiration at the huge grand wooden hall. The wooden floor creaked as they walked. This is real, it's no dream, and Matt kept telling himself this.

"Thanks Jenny, mum I'll be ok I promise. This is where I am supposed to be, I know it." Matt comforted his mum who was obviously upset that her only family was leaving. She gave Matt a quick hug, then left out the front door.

"Matt just through here" Sophie said "Jen I got to go, meet you in five ok Matt?" he nodded then she trotted off. She could Move surprisingly fast for a lion.

"Matt welcome I am professor Sigma an old man was sitting at a desk he stood up shook Matts hand then took his seat. He looked normal. But only had a thin layer of black hair, he had eyes that were as black as the night sky.

"Matt, first of all I welcome to you to the academy, I hope you will settle in quickly. As you are already aware this School only accepts students who are Enigmas. So please don't use your ability's to harm other students. Otherwise there will be consequences for your actions. Here is your timetable and a map of the site. You are free to go anywhere you wish on the grounds but only in your free time."

"As well as the normal lessons once a week you will have a lesson that focuses on training. This will take place in a group. You will begin you're lessons this afternoon. Before then you have some time to unpack you bags in your dorm. Sophie is going to give you a quick tour."

"The last thing I am going to say is this school is researching about Enigmas. So if we ask you to do a test please just allow us I do it. Thank you for coming but I am afraid I have places or be and things to do."

Sophie then entered the room, only now Matt could notice that the room he was in was full of bookshelves stacks with books. It had an ancient wooden desk and windows that looked over the grounds.

"Matt we've taken your bags to your bedroom, please follow me." Matt then left the room that he now realised was the professor's office.

"Well I have to admit that was very scary" Matt whispered to Sophie.