Ch 17: Human Infernal?

Y/N

"Jungkook would you mind riding in the back for a bit?" he looked over his shoulder nodding at Taehyung his request. I stayed focused on our surroundings as they switched places. Once they did Taehyung showed me a smile.

Why is he smiling? 

Humans really make me question some of their little actions, however, some part of me was...is it called relieved? That Taehyung was now better in my line of sight. With this unfamiliar figure passing by....it was what I needed.

I noticed Taehyung closing in as he leaned a bit sideward. It seemed he was trying to have a conversation with no one hearing in on us. 

"Who was that?" His voice came in a low tone.

He notices that person too?

"I have no idea... Yet" I replied determinedly. Our conversation got cut short as I got alarmed by multiple people their loud voices. As a reflex, my left hand shifted to the knife that was hidden in one of my boots, but soon I felt my hand slowly retrieve back. 

There is no danger...

It only took me a second to scan around what was happening. We arrived at a village. It was big, loud, full of merchants, children, and elderly people. That's when I noticed that the villagers that raised their voices in screams weren't because of danger. It was because of Taehyung.

They look...so happy.

Just laying your eyes on one person can make you put on such an expression?

"We have arrived!" Minjae spoke opening her arms to welcome us to the village. As we came to a hold everyone got off their horses but I couldn't help but stay alert. The more people, the more dangerous it is. You never know who is hiding among the crowd.

"Welcome Y/N to one of the humblest villages in Navarre. 'Coombe'" a small grin appeared on her face while she looked at me. Right now I was doubting if Minjae was even trustworthy or not. Her behavior tells me something different. The villagers took our horses from us taking care of them while we went for a walk, exploring the village.

What caught my eyes was the number of stands. People selling weapons, clothes, food. Some even sold rare artifacts but if they were real was the true question.

Perhaps Coombe is known as a merchant village. It sure looks like it.

"They look happy" I commented seeing all the lively people helping each other out. Children were playing around with each other, elders sitting by a fountain engaging in conversations. It was a weird sight to see. 

In Ozryn the only thing you were able to see were people running away in fear. Children crying out for their parents. Dead bodies piled up and houses burned to the ground in ashes. Unlike here the sky was colored red with black snow falling from the sky every day, but here....it's a clear blue sky with birds singing along as they flap their wings.

Of course, I traveled a lot to get from Ozryn to here. But I never stayed long enough in one place to stumble upon this fact.

"They look happy, but I'm sure they aren't...." Taehyungs voice spoke from beside me. 

Why does his voice sound like that? Is it pity?

As the prince, I'm sure even he didn't see a lot of his own city. Seeing how the people react to his presence makes that clear. Being outside of the castle walls isn't something he does often. Perhaps he just isn't allowed to.

"How would you know, your eminence?" I questioned. 

As we slowly walked through the villages the others around us were listening to our conversation as well, and there was one thing I noticed on all of their faces. That expression that mankind calls sad. 

There is one thing I noticed between the 4 of them, that they share a connection. A meaningful connection is something I haven't discovered yet. Perhaps this occurred because they grew up as children together, or an event that happened in their life, but I wanted to understand. I want to understand the meaning of it....the feeling. One could say it's because of curiosity, but it would also be a great weakness to them wouldn't it?

"I just know" He replied leaving my question yet unanswered. At first, It wouldn't make sense to me, just why would he be bothered by this.

As long as he is doing fine, that's all that matters right? That's the selfish side many humans have shown me.....but after our talk last night. I realized that Taehyung....isn't such a selfish human being. 

He cares about his people, unlike his father. He and his father are totally not alike...that's what he told me yet when anger strikes him.....I can see a resembles.

Silence fell for a moment before Minjae turned to us with a smile. Once again that nice-looking smile made me actually feel uncomfortable in a way. 

''I have a nice shop we can visit. The owner sells one of the finest weapons in Navarre. I'm sure you will like it too'' I just nodded my head.

I noticed Taehyung his eyes slightly narrow while Jimin and Jungkook stayed silent.

----------------------------------------------------

????

Run, Run, Don't stop and whatever you hear don't look back

My heart was beating rapidly in my throat. I can't run anymore I'm tired, but I have to. Otherwise, they will capture me again. The sound of the branches snapping under my bare feet mixed with my panting were the sounds that followed me. I had to hide. I had to hide somewhere. They can't find me easily in these woods. I stopped for a second taking in my surroundings. 

Where should I hide?

Looking down I noticed how ripped my dress was, stained with blood. The thin dark grey gown was glued to my body, due to the blood and wetness that it absorbed

''You can't hide. You little Infernal'' a familiar voice spoke making me shut my eyes. They were coming closer. 

There are two of them and one of me. I need to hide as fast as I can. 

I was captured by them. Captured by two humans. Also known as Infernal Hunters. A lot of nobles pay a lot to get their hands on an Infernal. Especially one like me...one that is a coward and doesn't fight back. A rare type that...does possess human feelings.

After weeks of torture, I managed to escape right before they were planning on selling me on the black market. 

I can't have them capture me again.

I bit my lip my cheeks being stained with my tears while I ran as fast as I could. I hid behind a big rock and sat. I started counting, closing my eyes while I took control of my breathing. 

Please let this be a bad dream. I can't take this nightmare anymore. I just wanna wake up. 

The sound of cracking branches became clearer. 

''Be quiet'' the second voice ordered trying to get a hold of my location. My eyes opened and I realized, this wasn't a bad dream at all. It was reality. I stopped my breathing wishing for the men to leave. The cracking sound followed again, only this time fading away. I waited for 5 minutes which felt like hours. Not daring to move a finger. 

What if they are still there and trying to trick me, so they can capture me again.

But the gods had mercy on me. They really did leave.

I'm an Infernal one that has developed human feelings however, the bond to my master didn't break yet. So I am out to find him. 

''Just wait for me a bit.....Jimin''

Q: Excited about the new character that is about to enter the fanfiction?