The New Bodyguard (Allura x reader)

WARNING : the following alien that I've made for the reader is of my own creation and can not be copied unless you have my permission.

The reader will be an alien species I've created myself for both an OC story I will write and to vent out my imaginations, this will also contain a bit of battle scenes in which I do not know if you all will be comfortable with.

Reader will have female + male pronouns!

Enjoy!

...

"(Y/n)! Come over here for a second," a tall-- devil tailed alien called for his little sister/brother. The gray haired, black eared alien stood beside the King of Altea, clearly towering over the elfish king.

"Are you sure Kilo? Despite your sister/brother being a profound fighter I can't help but worry," the king said. His gaze fell hard and cold against the old friend that had just suggested the idea of his little sister looking after the princess. "Not that I'm worrying over your heritage, certainly not."

The towering alien laughed, "how low do you think I am to actually consider that from you Alfor? Besides, the princess... she seems lonely and I can't seem to drive that loneliness out. Perhaps (Y/n) can."

...

"Promise you'll stay safe?" You asked your older brother, you barely stood to his shoulders so when he was in front of you it always had a deal with neck cramps.

"Of course I will, you take care of Lurra for me okay? Stay out of trouble and keep your soul stone close, things are... heating up as of recently." He said, resting a clawed hand on your shoulder. Those piercing sunset eyes always sent shivers up your spine, it reminded you of just how ruthless he had been with your now extinct people.

"Yeah, I will..." you trailed off, not knowing how to say goodbye this time around. You lifted your arms up and wrapped them tightly around his abdomen, damned bastard, he was tall but he was still pretty skinny despite that appetite. "Just come back, I don't need to lose you as well."

"Hey, who do you think you're talking to?" He laughed and scratched your (F/c) wolfish like ears, you smiled and pulled back after some time. "Be safe, you little Hidgruff."

You stood there beside the two female royal family members, your brother had a mission to a mysterious land Alfor had spoken off. Him, the king, some scientists, and some guards also left with them. You stood close to Allura, she had the saddest expression in her eyes, a sadness that also presented itself in your own eyes. Their ship took off not long after, of course, not before your brother sent a toothy grin at you-- it made you smile in the slightest.

"So, (Y/n) was it?" The queen asked, your back had never be so straight before in your entire life.

"Yes! My queen," you bowed your head in respect. The princess stifled a giggle at your sudden change in manner, perhaps her new bodyguard wouldn't have been so bad?

"Rise child, no need for formalities among family." You were slightly shocked at her words, but you stood straight once more. The queen and her daughter looked so much like one another, you could barely tell the difference but thankfully height was a thing. Speaking of height, you stood just about the queen's height, the top of Allura's head just barely passing your shoulders.

"So, since the both of you haven't been formally and properly introduced yet. Why don't we get started? Allura, you may know that (Y/n) is Kilo's younger sibling. She/he is a great marksman and an equally skilled programmer. (Y/n), this is Princess Allura as you've known. You might be slightly older than her but I'm sure you'll get along well."

...

Get along well you did, when Kilo assigned you into being Allura's bodyguard, you did not expected to be her friend. The amount of trust the king has in your older brother clearly showed as Allura told you many stories about your brother, most coming from her father of course.

You now stood beside her bed in her bedroom, she was sitting on the edge as she combed her hair, talking about some of the fights Kilo had but never told you. He never told you anything, now that you thought of it, whenever he came back he'd just spend some time with your by either walking around the planet or teaching you more on how to use your soul stone.

"(Y/n)? Are you alright? You're staring again," Allura waved a hand in front of your face. Despite her height being far shoulder, her hand could still reach the top of your head. No reaction... hmm, this calls for desperate measures.

"(Y/n)! There's an intruder! Quick!!"

Grabbing your bayer, it quickly transformed into a (weapon) as your ears twitched and turn to detect enemy movement. "Where!?"

**I know it's called a Bayard, but this is for background purposes**

Your thin, speared tail flicked right and left like a cat's. Your (E/c) eyes glowed brightly contrasting the color of the soul stone imbedded just bellow your collar bone, but before you could growl, a laugh interrupted you.

"Oh my (Y/n), such a protective stance!" You didn't know if you should laugh or yell, but being made fun of was never fun.

"Oh, funny, princess." You fake pouted, tongue sticking out as you put the bayer down. "For Azar's sake Allura, stop toying with me like that.

...

"Oh! Look (Y/n)! Father and Kilo are back! They're back!"

It had been such a long time since they left, all the adventures you and Allura did were worthwhile but seeing your brother was exactly what you needed right now. You missed home dearly and you needed more lessons in both combat and in regards to the stone.

You and Allura rushed to the queen's side, Alfor was already walking to his beloved wife but you expected your brother to be beside him-- he was not. Your ears lowered, nose scrunched and brows furrowed.

"Where is my brother?" You asked, bold and straight. Allura glanced at you in anger, despite being her bodyguard and friend you certainly had no right to talk to the king in that tone.

"I am afraid he is not here (Y/n)," you nearly thought he was dead... was he? "He decided to stay back with a couple of friends of mine, he left you a disk file though."

The king held up a triangular piece of metal with white markings, you accepted it with a thanks and bow. After some talk here and there, a few hugs shared by the royal family and the king's trusted advisor Coran, it was then decided that you'd join tonight's dinner in celebration of... "Voltron."

You escorted Allura and her father to the library, two guards walked behind you as you stood between them and the two royal family members. You started to realize why your brother had taken such a liking to the king, behind closed doors he was such a joker, clearly your assumption of him always being up tight and bothering your brother had been wrong. The three of you chatted fluently, in fact, you can't remember when you actually held a decent conversation with anyone other than Allura and your brother.

"Right, (Y/n), you've worked enough don't you think? Head back to your quarters, I need a moment alone with my daughter." As much as you'd like to protest, you couldn't, this is and will remain your king.

"Of course, sire." You bowed, then turned to Allura. "I will see you later Princess," after another bow you turned around and headed towards your room. Taking many glances to make sure of their safety, who knows when some freak assassin will attack. After turning a corner and letting out a lovey-dovey sigh, you continued to walk down the empty corridor.

"I am so in love."

****

You can never tell me that Allura is not cute, okay?

That picture above is made by me!! :3 Yes I am quite an artist though just a beginner, I was aiming for a galra-like look but trust me they're not galran. A different species I've made, confusing? Don't worry, I am as well!

If any of you want a part two to this then just comment it and I'll get straight to work :)