Blankets and Hoodies

Start from the beginning

Or punching any friend.

Seriously why would you do that?

"Well it looks like someone doesn't know how to appreciate the beauty in life." I chuckle instead.

"I most certainly do appreciate beauty! Every time I looke in the mirror I appreciate pure beauty." He maked this face at me and runs a hand through his hair.

I bite my cheek, trying not to laugh, but I fail. "Whatever you say, princess."

"You're just jealous because you aren't the fairest in the land."

I can actually picture Gabriel standing in front of his mirror saying the 'Magic mirror on the wall who's the fairest of them all?' bit.

Yes I have seen Sleeping Beauty. I blame Lisa. She made me watch a bunch of those movies when we were together.

I really wish they were more like the Grimm's brothers versions.

"Whatever you sa- what the hell?"

"What?"

"Where the hell did that come from?" I gesture to the Snickers bar unwrapped in his hand, because there is no way he had that four seconds ago.

He wiggles his eyebrows at me as if that's a legitimate response,

Smug asshat.

We walk in silence for a while after that. It's nothing like the silence I deal with usually on walks to and from school. This was more comfortable and less like I have to deal with the feeling that a single word spoken would make the entire planet, or solar system even, explode. Yeah, the tension is pretty thick sometimes.

Well, I remember that one week last year when the whole freaking Masters family had the flu. Then it was just me and Ash. That was great while it lasted.

But it also sucked.

Because all you could hear at two in the morning was coughing, sneezing, and just so much noise coming from their apartment.

Nobody slept. I swear the whole building always had coffee with them because of this family.

Whatever.

I haven't really been paying any attention to where we were, and sure enough when I look up again, we're only a couple streets away, and Gabe is eating a Twix.

"Do you have a never ending supply of candy or something because man am I starting to worry that you're some kind of sorcerer."

"Call me Merlin."

"What?"

He stops in his tracks and just stares at me. "Did you just say what?"

I just sort of blink. "Uh, yeah?"

"You don't know who Merlin is?" Gabriel's just looking at me like he excpects this to be some sort of joke.

I hesitate. "Should I..."

He stares at me for another couple seconds and just turns to keep walking.

I take a few steps to catch up, and I'm still really confused. Whatever.

We get to the middle school just as their dismissal bell rings, and moments later students pour out of the building, and Gabe and I sit down on a bench outside and wait. Not gonna lie, for a couple pieces of wood nailed to more wood, this is a pretty comfortable bench.

Sam stumbles out of the crowd and walks over to us. "That was really graceful, Sammy."

"Shut up, Dean. Hey Gabe."