Awesome

"Dean.. Deeeaaan." Jo waved her hand in front of my face.

"What?" I say, having just been snapped out of a trance I didn't even realize I was in.

"You haven't moved for like five minutes! I thought you were dead or something." She laughed.

"If he was dead he would've fallen over. Besides, we haven't even been standing here for that long." Ash rolled his eyes at his younger sister.

"It was a joke!" She defended herself.

"Oh will you two just shut up for thirty seconds." Crowley grumbled.

"How about everybody just shuts their mouths." Meg half-shouted.

We all stood silently at the crosswalk until it said we were allowed to cross the street. Frankly, they all can get really annoying, but our walks are usually pretty peaceful. Today seemed like it was going to be one of the days where it just wasn't. Great.

We arrived at school and went our separate ways.

I was getting my books from my locker when Lucifer, a senior and captain of the football team, walked up to me. "Hey, Winchester. Gonna be at practice tonight?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I shut my locker and we started to walk down the hallway.

"You weren't at the last four. Coach is pissed."

"I tried to make it, and I even told him why I couldn't!"

"Just saying. You really have to get to tonight's or he's saying he's going to give your starting spot to Masters."

"Crowley? I mean he's good, but he isn't ready for a starting position." I shook my head. He isn't ready. Putting him in a position like that wouldn't end well for anyone.

"Like I said. He's pissed. Be at practice today." Lucifer walked away and I sighed. Awesome.

Thankfully I didn't have time to think before I got to my first period class, math. No one pays attention in here, partly because it's first period, and partly because no one likes the teacher.

Balthazar started talking to me as soon as I sat down. "Bela made me watch the Titanic with her last night. That movie was awful. I wish I could just go back in time and stop the boat from sinking so I never have to think about that movie ever again."

I laughed. "Awe, Blathy, it's okay. Your heart will go on."

He punched my arm, and before I could say anything Mr. Roman walked in. "Everyone be quiet and get out your homework from last night."

"Shit." Balthazar mutters.

"You didn't do it did you?" I shake my head. He rarely does homework. I'm not about to give him mine again.

"No! I was too busy over my girlfriend's house while she sobbed over a sappy movie where the bad guy is a giant block of ice." He whines. Why does he do that all the time? It's annoying.

"Well you better figure something out before Roman gets over here or he'll bite your head off."

"Deaaaaan."

"You've copied off of me five times in the past two weeks."

"And I got it almost all wrong!"

I looked away and clamped my mouth shut. I know that I'm not good at school but I try my hardest. I'm not nearly as smart as my brother, and that's not easy. I just pretend I don't care about school. When I stay in to study I'm "at a party" or "driving Sam around."

I guess Balthazar could tell I was mad because he didn't talk to me for the rest of the class.

First I find out about possibly losing my only chance to get into any college, now this. Today is just awesome.