That's That

Today is just one of those days. It's only first period, too. Lovely. I put my headphones in and turned up my AC/DC Pandora station. Leaning back in my chair, I fold my arms and shut my eyes. Balthazar taps on my shoulder and I shrug him off. I'm pretty sure he knows that I don't want to talk. Guess I didn't make that clear enough. I glare at him and he looks down at his books, almost... shamefully?

I make it through the rest of my morning classes, without speaking once or turning down my music. Sometimes I find that that's the best way to do it. Teachers and students know to leave me allone when I'm like this.

As expected, when I sit down at my lunch table, everyone starts talking all at once.

"Hey Dean, what's the matter? The day not going well for you?" Meg asked feigning sympathy. Ruby laughed which did nothing more than encourage Meg, who smiled with pride.

If those two could stop being obnoxious for maybe one day that would be great.

"Guys just leave him alone." Jo snapped. She always defends me. Jo is more like a little sister to me than anything, and I couldn't love her more for it.

Ash pulled my headphones out. He opened his mouth to say something before I send him a quick look telling him not to. I go to put my headphones back in but my phone is taken away by someone standing behind me. Oh, come on. Seriously, why does everyone just want to get on my case today? I turn to see who took it and, of course, Crowley is smirking with my phone in his hand.

"Give it back, Crowley." I sigh. I don't feel like arguing with him, and I know that if I get mad he'll just be more annoying about it.

"Maybe later, darling." I really hate this kid sometimes.

Meg rolled her eyes and ripped the phone from his hands, throwing it to me. "You're welcome."

"Yeah, whatever." I put my headphones back in and get up. I just don't feel like dealing with them anymore. I throw away my lunch and wander around the halls. At least I only have two classes left until I can just go back to the apartment.

---------------------------

The bell rings signalling the end of this unnecessarily long school day. I hurry out of the classroom and get all my stuff from my locker. If I don't get out of here quickly I'll have to walk home with them again, and I am just honestly not in the mood for that. It's not like they did anything wrong, I just want to be alone for a little while.

By the time I get home, get changed into some sweats and an old t-shirt, and turn on the TV, there is only about fifteen minutes until Sam and Adam get back. I run my hand through my hair and decide to try and get some homework done before they get back. Fifteen minutes of quiet really makes a difference sometimes.

I open my math book and start working on the assigned problems, and I'm already wishing that I had paid a little more attention during my classes today. This was going to be a late night. Awesome.

Sure enough, when I'm not even halfway done with my first class's work, the apartment door opens and Sam and Adam come into the room.

"No, I don't think that is a valid point." Sam shrugged.

"Why not? I mean that is exactly what the man said." Adam threw back.

"Yeah, I guess he did but do you really believe him? he doesn't seem like he's saying everything."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Uh, hi guys." I interrupted. "What are you talking about?"

"Oh, hey Dean. We're just talking about that Zachariah person who's always on the news." Sam replied.

"Hi, Dean." Adam greeted before opening up the refrigerator.

"Nerds." I mutter. Those two always talk about the strangest things, and I'd rather not get into any of it with them.

Sam practically skips over to me and I shut my math book as he jumps slightly in place beside my chair. "Something's got you in a good mood." I turn and stand up, putting my hands on his shoulders to stop him from bouncing. The little brat just bounces against my hand anyway. "Care to share?"

"My friend Gabriel invited us over to dinner and I really wanna go! Can we, please? Adam is invited too, since he's technically family." He finally stopped that damn jumping and I lower my hands.

Adam peers up from over the refrigerator door and glances to us. "Dinner? Well there's going to be food there so I'm in."

I glance at the clock. "What time do they want you there?"

"Six." He pauses before continuing. Not just me, Dean. You're going too."

"No, I'm not. I have stuff to do." I check my watch, and it's already almost four. Two hours isn't nearly enough time to get all my work done.

"Come on! You have been sitting in here all week, just come with us!" Sam whines, stomping his foot. What is he, four?

"Sam, I can't. Plus I don't want to hang out with your dumb middle school friends."

"Excuse you." Adam said, turning his head from the TV screen to look over at us. I'm honestly surprised he can talk with that many cheese puffs in his mouth.

"You don't count, and you better not get cheese powder all over the couch." I try to use my best 'dad voice' but I really haven't gotten good at that yet. Mostly because I'm only 17, but hey I can try, right?

"Whatever mom," he mumbled in response.

I roll my eyes and see Sam's hand waving in my face. I shove it away. "Cut it out, man."

"As I was trying to say," he sassed, "Gabe isn't in middle school. He's in your grade." Sam leans against the wall and gives me one of his best bitchfaces.

"First of all, quit looking at me like that. Second, why the hell are you hanging out with a Junior?" I search my brain for any Gabriels that I would know in my grade, but I come up short.

"Doesn't matter. You're going with me to this dinner and that's that."

"Fine, but I call first shower." I give up on getting to sleep at a reasonable time tonight. I'll just do the work when I get home.

"I don't think so!" Adam gets up from the couch and runs into the bathroom, locking the door behind him.

"Why don't you just shower in your own apartment?" I yell into the door.

"Your shampoo smells better."

"You use my soap?" I can't believe this kid. I wouldn't be surprised if he was my actual brother.

After not getting a response, I turn to say something to Sam, who had already ran into his room. Sighing, I walk across the room and turn off the TV.

"Dammit Adam!" Of course he got food all over the couch. I wipe it off and go into my room to start to get ready.