Pewds Chapter Five

A/N: It's been awhile since I updated because it took me a few days to edit my mom recent vlog, so this chapter is longer than most. It's a pretty chill chapter, but trust me, it has its reasons ;)

Brooke (POV)

"Please stop talking to me," I groaned.

I could feel my nails digging into my skin, but I felt no pain as that same dumb smile kept looking back at me. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't keep this pest away from me. If I wasn't insane already, she'd drive me to insanity for sure.

"Talk to me!" Even though I was looking at the face of twelve year old Karley, curly red hair and hazel eyes, all I heard was Ruby's voice escaping her mouth.

Every few sentences I swear her voice morphs into Ruby's and she's persistent on breaking through to me and becoming my friend.

"Come one, just small talk? I don't know how you can stand having no one to talk to!" Karley begged, sitting down on the edge of my bed.

I'd rather talk to myself than talk to your voice morphing menace.

"You'll get through this," Ruby's voice echoed from her mouth, "I'm here to be your friend," she said, her voice normal again.

I felt my body tense, aggravated at how oblivious this girl is. If she thinks she can replace Ruby, she's in for a rude awakening.

I opened my mouth, sprite rushing through my vienes when I heard the door open, followed my the clicking of heels.

"Oh, I wasn't aware you were talking with someone," Ms. Darby said, shock laced in her voice, expecting me to be alone. I shot her a look, hoping she could see how desperately I wanted out of this, but a smile just spread across her face.

"I was going to say I'm ready to drive you to Marzia's hospital, but maybe we should do something fun before you see how Marzia is doing. Karley can come with!"

I could feel my stomach drop as Karley's face beamed with happiness, Ms. Darby practically trapping me into this situation.

"What do you have in mind?" Karley asked, the excitement in her voice very apparent.

It's not often that anyone gets to leave the orphanage, no one has the time to chauffeur around a bunch of girls places, me being the one exception because of my parents. Now, Ms. Darby is suggesting she use my situation to do what whatever we want with this girl smitten with the idea of befriending me?

Maybe getting out and having fun isn't such a bad idea, but with this random girl? Not to mention all the other girls who will suddenly be interested in befriending me after seeing that I got Karley to be taken somewhere with me.

Last thing I need is a bunch of girls pretending to want to be my friend, at least Karley is is actually interested in me liking her.

"Well, it's best if Brooke visits Marzia later in the evening when it's a little slower at the hospital, so that means if we leave now we will have a few hours to kill. There is a pretty nice shopping center along the way, god knows Brooke hasn't left this room in weeks, so I know her allowance has probably been piling up."  Ms. Darby pulled open my drawer to see all my cash simply chucked in there.

Technically to get allowance, you have to actually work and then every week you have a chance to order things off line such as new clothes if you need or just something you want, but I've been getting special treatment because they all know I wasn't in the mood to help around.

Allowance was a new idea they decided to try a few months back. They have to provide for us anyways, so they figured they might as well let us choose what we are getting so we have no room to complain. It also made girls more willing to do chores and do them better. Well, except for me.