Chapter Twenty Two

THE REAL ENDING

-/- You didn't really think I would let Harry die did you? Did I trick you? Anyway, here's the actual bit :-) -/-

"Ah Potter! I have you now. You shall die!" He held his bony hands around Harry's neck and squeezed. Harry couldn't breath and felt it was really the end. Harry closed his eyes in an attempt to "die" and he fell limp. This worked however as Voldamort threw him to the floor. He scurried up and grabbed his wand and ran.

He went down loads more corridors before coming to the Astronomy Tower. He ran to the edge and waited as Voldamort appeared In a wisp of smoke.

"Your cornered Potter."

"I am. But I think we need to finish what we starts Tom." He took a deep breath and wondered why the hell he was going to do this. "TOGETHER!" Harry shouted. Then he grabbed Voldamort and flung both if hen off the Astronomy Tower. People bellow pointed and screamed at the sight of Voldamort an Harry plummeting to the ground.

A weird feeling passed over Harry as he felt he was travelling somewhere else. They were travelling in big black smoke and Voldamort was clawing at Harry while Harry was doing the same. There was a large audience gathered in the courtyard as they both landed on the ground and rolled.

Harry looked up and saw Voldamort crawling for his wand. Harry then saw his own wand a few feet away. He crawled to his but a man with black curly hair got there first. He ran to Harry and helped him up quickly.

"Your wand Harry!" He basically yelled. Harry had no time to react as he whirled around and shouted,

"EXPELLIARMUS!" At that exact time Voldamort had yelled,

"AVADA KEDAVRA!" The red and green light connected within milliseconds and Harry mentally thanked Sirius for collecting his wand. The green came closer to Harry for a moment and then the red would closer to Voldamort. This happened for a while until Voldamort suddenly cut it off.

Harry quickly looked around and saw Neville with the ruby encrusted sword. Voldamort roared with anger and sent his spell at Harry again. Harry was quick on the mark as he flung one back. They connected and bits if the spells flung off causing other explosions and corruption.

Harry forced all his will into the spell and it slept made it's way towards Voldamort.

The red suddenly wiped out all green and there was a loud crack as the elder wand split down the middle. It flew up in the air as people watched in amazement.

Harry laid his attention on Voldamort who had gone stiff. He stood there for a moment and then started to disintegrate. It was like he had fallen apart because little bits of black dispersed into the air and disappeared. Voldamorts body went lifeless and soon there was nothing there. The last of the black whisper bits disappeared and Harry hair stood there.

It was done. Neville had destroyed the snake and all the other horcruxes were destroyed.

Suddenly an eruption of cheers filled the air. It was done, no more Voldamort and no more death eaters.

Harry became smothered in people as he was congratulated and thanked over and over again.

He just couldn't believe it. He struggled out of the crowd and saw the red head and bushy haired piece he knew and love as his friends. He ran over to them and they shared a warm embrace.

"You did it Harry!" Hermione squealed.

"I'm proud of you mate. That damn snake nearly ate us though."

"Thanks guys. I'm so thankful for Neville! He killed the last horcrux and allowed me to defeat Voldamort!" Harry exclaimed. Harry turned round to look for Neville but when he finally saw him the sight made him want to cry.

Somehow, I don't know how, Neville's parents were there. Thy were embracing him somewhat awkwardly. Harry only knew that they understood he was their son they were too confused to know what to believe.

There were a couple of St Mungos staff with them though. After staring at them for a while, a sandy haired man and the curly haired man stood in his line of vision.

"Harry!" Sirius exclaimed. He embraced Harry like a father would. "That was brilliant. It's all over! Thanks to you!" He hit Harry's shoulder in a kind way.

"Your a hero Harry." Remus spoke softly. "But I am right to believe that a certain Neville Longbottom has helped.

"Thanks guys. Your right, Neville killed the most important horcrux. But we need to thank Hermione and Ron as well. They destroyed the cup." Harry out an arm around Hermione's shoulder and one around Ron's." They all talked and laughed about different and mainly unimportant thing.

After a while Harry had often to Neville and they had talked. Neville had told Harry about how his parents seemed to click and they knew something was wrong. Insisting on coming to Hogwarts. But unfortunately they hadn't remember anything about Neville. They were embracing him for helping destroy Voldamort.

They all sat in the hall later on and laughed with their old friends. Harry had even conversed with Draco Malfoy.

They all gathered in the safety of The Burrow that night. Looking forward to the future.

"Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin." - Mother Theresa.