CHAPTER -25

The next day I went to Red as a totally different person. I don't know why.. Setting terms with the devil.. Oh.. Shit.. I shouldn't call that.. Eros Thorn made me feel quite comfy from the recent days.

I changed into my uniform and joined Sam and Darla who already punched in the counter. "Good evening.. Guys.. ",I greeted them stroking the short hair of Sam. "Drinks on me today.. ",I added.

Sam said quite amusingly "What happened to the frowzy you..? ".

Yes this is a matter to be wondered.. I said folding my arms in "She is in holiday for a while.. ".

"Which means she will come back.. ", it was Darla who asked me the intelligent question. I don't know.. But for the time being I am good.

"Maybe.. ",I told shrugging. My mood fluctuations depend upon how I deal with the dev.. No.. Eros Thorn..

"I don't believe you.. ",Sam told and walked to the lounge engaging in her duty.

Darla asked me smiling "Well.. How are things going with Austin..?? ". Aghh.. Everyone wants to know about Austin.. Looks like none worries about me.

"Awesome.. ",I exclaimed taking a bottle of vine from the store.

She said leaning to the deck "He was here the day you left with Natalie.. He wasn't in a good mood.. What is going on..? ".

"How would I know.. ?",I asked.. I lied. I exactly know what happened.. And I am the reason. But how could I tell her a monster is haunting me and is preventing me from meeting him.

"I don't believe you either.. ",Darla told before leaving the counter. Great..!!. Now none trust me...

My cell vibrated the next while receiving a text message. I took the cell out and found its from Zach.. I expected Austin. I read the message in a whisper "Mom and I are going to Aunt Julie's house.See you tomorrow". Brat..!!. Why so sudden..??. I dialled mom in the cell and waited for the call to connect. No.. She isn't taking...

"Hazel.. ",I heard Roxy from the lounge. Oops.. Boss don't like phone calls or texts in between duty. I pushed the cell back into my pocket and walked to the lounge as well starting the shift.

As the usual routine Kevin dropped me at home. I double checked the door as I will be alone home and walked into my bedroom. I threw the bag over the bed and strode to the replaced mirror.

The bruise on left of my forehead has a light blue tint now. I scrubbed off the thin scab on my face over the scratch marks. The devil's mark.. My heed from the zombie face fell upon the colorful reflection on the mirror. I turned around dubiously to find out a beautiful bouquet of white roses on the table.. I walked to it thinking who would have bought it for me.. Not mom or Zach definitely.. I took the shining black card at the base of it with cursive words *Let's talk*. Austin..!!. I don't need another thought for it.

God.. He is so smitten by my weird ignorance. I flipped the card within my fingers.. Yes I am gonna call him. I care nothing about my monster master. I worry for this man who is so concerned about me.

I took my cell and opened the call log. He is in the recent calls and my fingers hesitated to click on the call button. What am I gonna tell him.. ??. An excuse for avoiding him for this long..??.

The cell lurched within my hold as it screamed receiving his call.. God.. I just thought of him and Austin is calling me. With all my courage I connected the call answering "Hey.. ".

"Hazel.. ",he said in his soothing voice. God.. The way he spelled my name is so exquisite. "You free to talk..? ",he asked me.

I shrugged and told "Yeah.. Yeah.. I am free".