CHAPTER -4

Sitting in the geology class though, my whole heed and attention was in the unusual place I visited yesterday. Red... The name itself means something.. Very intense and deep.. Mysterious.. And of course I am curious as today I will be starting my new job there. I spend the last night browsing on everything about Red. But nothing made me comfortable.. A sort of fear always persisted. Not fear.. It's more like.. Guilt. As I am wrong.. Am I..??

The class turned into a bustle as the professor left winding the class. I grabbed my lecture notes and pushed into my bag as  Nat occupied my side.

"There you go.. I paid your exam fees..",Nat kept a white receipt on my table as she leaned to the chair on my front.

I looked at the receipt and then at Nat in a very awkward expression and asked "You paid my fee..?".

She shrugged and said "I did.. ".

I woke up from my seat and told her almost shouting "Oh.. Nat.. You shouldn't have.. ".

"Who else is going to..?",she asked interrupting me. "Look Hazel.. This is what friends do.. Take down your pride.. ".

Of course I am. But you had been doing this since a long. I rubbed my forehead and said "This is not the first time, Nat.. You should not have bothered.. ".

Nat told faking a serious face"I am keeping a list.. ".

I smiled and said hugging her "I love you.. ".

"Just serve me a drink at Red.. ",she said cuddling me back.

"That for sure.. ",I told her as I pulled away.

Nat asked as we walked out of the class "You want me to take you there..? ".

"It's okay.. You did a lot already, Nat.. I will deal this.. ",I said ensuring her.

She took out a red coloured contact card from her jeans pocket and said handing it to me "This is her number in case you need.. I will tell Roxy you will be there.. Three hour shift and you will be free after ten.. I will be there to pick you up.. ".

"Nat.. You.. ",she soon interrupted in my excuse telling "I want to meet Roxy..Thats it..God..you are unbelievable.. ".

I can do it..
With all my firm determination and confidence I twisted the knob and entered into Red. It seems as the vibe is too warmer than the last evening. I faltered into the lounge looking for the only familiar face I know in there.. Roxy. No.. She is not to be found. I took my cell out and skipped to the contact list. I just saved her number. I clicked on her name and impatiently waited for the ring tone. Instead I heard a beep and the call disconnected.

"Hey.. ",oh.. My call is answered. So directly. Roxy walked against my direction telling "What was your name again..? Rachel.. ".

"Hazel.. Hazel Rose.. ",I corrected her very politely.

Roxy asked in her bossy voice as she begin to walk against the lounge "Have you been anywhere before..? ".

I followed her telling "Yes.. The Brown and Beans.. I have been there for two years..".

"That coffee shop at the underbridge..?",she enquired .

"Yes.. ",I answered loud enough for her to hear in the noisy surrounding. I added for a little appreciation "And I exactly know how to deal with the costumers.. ".

Roxy partly pushed open a door written NO ENTRY in its top and said turning to me with a gentle smirk "People are here not for your coffee... ". Well that made me silent.

I followed her into the NO ENTRY room which seems to be the duty room for the girls in Red. It is currently occupied by a group of girls vestured in shining dresses and make up. They must be the pole dancers.. They are all like sylph..

"Out.. Out.. You are already late... ",Roxy ordered to them in her rough voice. More harsh than what she used on me.

I stood away from the door making way for them. They all passed me shooting a weird look on me as if, who is this freak. I just smiled at them.. We are all gonna be Red mates now..

"Can you dance... ?",Roxy gained my attention back asking me the most impossible question.

"No.. ", I told her immediately turning around  to find Roxy leaving to an inner room.

Oh.. I have company here.

"The door.. ",the blonde girl who is before the mirror and dabbing gloss on her lips told me. It felt less like an order.

"Sorry.. ",I apologized and slam the door shut.

My gaze then fell upon the other girl who is more like a Korean sitting over the short wardrobe with her all keen upon the cell she is holding.

Soon Roxy returned from the room inside with a uniform as it seems in her hand and flinged it to me. And I gladly caught it. She walked ahead grabbing the cell from the girl and told her "No cell phone on your shift.. ".

The girl waved her hands and said "Mine haven't started.. ".

Roxy didn't heard her. She pushed the cell into her pocket and said looking at me "Sam will show you the drill... Be there in five minutes.. ".She looked at Sam, the girl she mentioned and walked out.

I just smiled sheepishly at her not knowing what to do.