CHAPTER -7

Within two weeks time I was about to repay Nat almost half of what I owe to her and paid the rent. Now I have to save for Zach's surgery which would be dated any near.

I was sitting in the duty room with Sam and Darla after the end of our first shift. Sam was chatting in her cell with her boy friend Marty who is a photographer. While Darla and l were listening to the new album of Austin in her iPod.

God.. His voice.. So soothing and alluring. He is really a versatile creation of God. Can a human have such a beautiful voice. I can listen to his songs for the whole day and night..The passion in it...

"Darla... ", I almost screamed at her as she changed the song to a trance.

She said in amusement "We have been hearing the same song more than twice.. ". That's right.. But.. It's really magnificent.

"I like it.. Once more.. Please.. ", I begged at her. She looked at me wryly and played my favourite.

It was then Kevin walked into our room asking almost in worry "Darla.. Did you see Blaire around..?".

"She left after her shift.. ", she replied to him. "Why..? ".

Kevin told leaning to the wall rubbing his forehead "That imbecile Jake is all drunk.. There is no lead for the concert.. ".

Jake is the lead singer in the Red concert now.. Everyone says he is the future Alec joron..

Kevin added knocking his knuckles on the wall "Thought Blaire would cover for him.. ".

Sam asked in between her continous typing "Just cancel it then.. ".

He told in stress "I can't.. The band is already in the stage.. And the crowd is all getting warm. . ". His eyes then suddenly stopped at me and told "Hazel.. I had hear you singing.. Can you cover it for today..? ".

What..!! Me..! I pulled off my earphones and stuttered "No.. I.. I can't.. Over there.. Oh my..".

Darla supported me telling "Yes.. Hazel.. You were really waiting for a chance.. This is it.. Just do what you can.. ".

Soon Sam joined in persuading for the same intercepting in her chatting and said "Come on.. Hazel.. You can.. This is your night.. ".

Kevin ran out of the room yelling "I will make the announcement.. ".

No... Not like this.. "Girls..Please.. I am not ready.. ",I told them as they two pulled me up and out of the room to the lounge. No.. They locked me. They fiercely hold me until I was before the stage. "Sam.. Please.. Maybe another time.. ".

"Hey.. You got this girl.. This is the day you make a turn.. ",Sam tried to convince me. But nothing was getting into my head.

"Listen to me.. I promise.. ",I didn't complete as Kevin pulled me up into the stage and told me "The floor is yours.. ",and handed me the mike. And he walked away leaving me with the band on my behind.

God.. This is not happening ..Though being in a stage with a large crowd had been my dream.. This isn't how it should have been. I looked anxiously at the crowd before the stage. Darla and Sam are on the first string. Most of the audience are teens and there are many... My palms are sweaty and I have to hold the mike in my hands tight.

"Come on.. Hazel.. ",Darla mouthed me from the floor.

I wipe away the sweat drops on my face and looked back at the band. They are waiting for me to start. Well.. I am trapped. Just scream something and get out.. That's it..

I breathed and kept the mike before my mouth. Wait.. What am I gonna sing..? Nothing is coming into my mind.. Not even the first lyrics or any words.. Calm down.. Okay.. I will do my own.. You got this, Hazel.. I consoled myself.

I opened my mouth thinking of Austin Stark. My role model and lifelong inspiration.

"The night so dark and the mirk around..
It's all you I need in my tender arms..
Oh my love.. It's just you and me..
My sunshine.. You make me bright..
My days alive... "

I closed my eyes for a humming but I was soon intruded as I heard a loud call from the stage "Hey.. Get out of there.. ".

What..! Did I just heard it right..? I opened my eyes looking at the crowd. They were all looking at me.. No they are glaring.

"We want Jake.. Looser.. ",one of them called out.

I heard more and more comments from the crowd. Everyone with the least compassion. Except for Darla and Sam who were looking at each other in eager. That's it... I am done. I know my fate.. I am a looser.

I dropped down the mike and sprinted from there to the duty room ignoring all calls and comments. Everything sounded like a big boom around me. I kept myself together until I reached the duty room and locked myself inside.

The very next while I bursted into tears thinking of the horrible experience I had just moments before. I collapsed on to the floor leaning my back to the door.. Why.. Why.. Why.. I am a failure.. A very big failure. In my life.. My passion.. In everything.. Tonight was the night to prove it once again to me.

"Hazel.. Hazel.. Hey.. Open the door.. Come on girl.. That was awesome.. ",I heard Sam and Darla knocking on the door.

"Just leave me alone.. ", I shouted loud enough for them to hear. It's all me and my solitude now.

After around half hour of weeping and cursing my verdict I woke up and walked to the washroom. I looked at the zombie reflection of mine in the mirror. I shook my head and opened the tap. I sprinkled the cool water upon my face and looked at the mirror again only to jump a feet seeing the reflection of a man behind me.

I turned around and man is now before me. A tall lean man in black.. Wait.. I know this man. It's the terrorist.. One among the two I clearly saw then. What is he doing here..? Is he here since they saw me watching them?I locked the door, didn't I..? How did he get in then..?

"Who.. Who are you..? ",I asked him the most  significant question.

Instead of a reply he extended a piece of note to me and said "He send it for you.. ". He..!! Who is this he..?? Their leader.. The one under hide..? I bought it suspiciously from him and the next second he walked out of there.

I eagerly unfolded the "message". Now this is so hilarious.. It's empty. No message.. Nothing.. What does it even means..?? Are they making fun out of me..? I crumbled away the note furiously and stood there in dilemma.

Move on.. There is nothing worse to happen now...