(28) That Let Love Burn Brighter

In case any of you are as obsessed with adorable babies as I am, or you're anxious to know how the baby I announced my sister was due to have in June is doing, here is a picture of my niece taken on August 18th, 2018.

In the photo she is about 7 weeks old, and it was my sisters wedding day. Anyway, my niece is about to be two months old on the 27th. I can just say that I absolutely adore her so much and I have never felt such love for someone in my life before. When I hold her on my chest and lay down with her as she sleeps, I truly feel at peace. She's precious, and I needed to share her beauty.

 She's precious, and I needed to share her beauty

***
Word Count: 1663

WHENEVER PETER LEFT for a fight, you would wait impatiently at your house, awaiting a phone call from him—or from literally anyone—saying that he's okay and that he would come home to you soon.

It was a normal day at school for you. You went to each class and although Peter had a Decathlon to attend and wouldn't be able to accompany you during lunch, or to walk you to and from your classes, or to even hang out after school because it ran long after school hours, you were still excited. He had some plan all sorted out for the two of you for the next possible day he'd get to see you again.

No day was promised when it came to Peter. He obviously had things to attend to daily, and they simply couldn't be ignored. Surely he didn't want to ignore you, so he found time in his already hectic schedule to see you. He made time.

Whether it was popping by after an altercation in his suit, or being with you and having to leave half way through, he still always managed to find time.

It hurt you constantly, having him busy all the time, but you knew what good came from his busy life. Although it felt like taking a bullet to the heart when you'd see him hurting and you could do nearly nothing since you weren't trained to do such heavy treatments. Sometimes it was too serious and that's was hurt the most. What hurt him physically, hurt you emotionally.

But you understood that he wouldn't be able to live with himself if he didn't do what he did.

So you ate lunch with friends, and walked to class with whatever people you could stand. But when you walked in silence to your classes with people you never quite associated yourself with, like ever, you really began to think about your relationship with Peter.

You didn't have any doubts, certainly not. Your love for Peter was as obvious as the answer to the equation of one plus one, and it was as strong as Graphene—the strongest material in the world, beating Diamond. But you felt as though you were missing something that most high school couples got.

It was time. You never had the time, and it was obvious to everyone that you never did. It was one of the most hurtful things to ever feel in a relationship; to feel as though you do not have enough time.