•ⓔⓝⓓⓔⓐⓡⓘⓝⓖ•

april 1

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"oh thank fuck, i thought i lost you," jeno panted, bending his knees slightly with his hands pressed against his thighs as he tried catching his breath.

"yeah, sorry about that," jaemin mumbled, not turning his head to look at jeno.

jaemin wasn't at school that day because he felt like shit, and jeno was worried out of his mind. but jeno knew where he'd find the younger, so he ran there after dance class when it was now well into the night.

jeno walked over to where jaemin was seated and lowered himself until they were both sitting on the edge of the cliff with their legs swinging over. this was jaemin's 'special place', a secluded cliff not too high up at the edge of a forest. the cliff overlooked a lake, and the scenery was gorgeous at any time of the day, with tall mysterious trees stretching upwards into the inky sky which was currently brandishing an array of bright stars. an exact replica of what can be found above ground had been copied onto the lake's surface, not a ripple in sight to ruin the calm demeanor.

"i just," jaemin started, still staring blankly out at the scene in front of him. "i dunno. felt stressed and anxious."

"that's understandable," jeno mused. "you do you, i just want you to be safe and happy."

jaemin couldn't help the fluttering he felt in his chest, but he hid it by snorting, "you sound like my mom."

"my voice is nicer than hers could ever be though. also, i'm prettier."

and, until the sun rose up above the horizon to cast its first rays out on the world, the sky beginning to lighten up and fade into dark pinks and oranges instead of black, jaemin and jeno talked. just talked, sharing thoughts, stories, and emotions about anything and everything. conversations are difficult to carry out, as there's always the chance of one being irritating, or a lackluster of quality chat, or awkward silences when neither knows what to say or do.

but jeno and jaemin never had this problem. even when they weren't talking it wasn't awkward. and while they watched the sunrise, much like on new year's, or that night on spring break, jeno found himself looking at jaemin. and when the latter looked back, this time not avoiding any 'awkward situation' or having someone interrupt him, he moved closer.

with their faces only an inch away, jaemin closed his eyes as he felt something warm and sweet grace his lips.

it was a sweet, warm kiss, with no cheesy fireworks or bubbly feelings or cliche melting. and though both their lips were slightly chapped, it didn't matter.

all that mattered was the swirl of a single, pure emotion shared between two bodies.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬