Chapter 1.

Today was just like every other day. I was rushing into the bathroom cause I woke up late this morning, again.

Why? You asked. It's because I stayed out all night parting until I forgot what happened in school yesterday.

Brushing my teeth as I headed into the shower with the tooth brush in my mouth trying to tie my hair up so it doesn't get wet. When I was done, I rushed out of the bathroom and into my closet to look for something to wear, deciding to not wear anything that would stand out. I chose a shirt with a three quarter jeans and some sneakers to go with it.

Passing my hands through my short curls, I added some eyeliner. Grabbing my bagpack with an aggressive force, I made my way down stairs where my mom and her husband stood in the kitchen.

She was making pancakes as he stood behind her, kissing on her neck. I rolled my eyes, it was disgusting.

"Mom, Hanson." I made myself known as I sat down behind the counter. My face serious as I glared holes into Hanson's head. My mom and Hanson has been married for a year now. Since my dad died 2 years ago due to a shoot by. It left a huge scar on my heart. I was his little girl and I was a big daddies girl. The day we got the news I remembered dropping to my knees and crying out his name. My mom was devastated. He wasn't in a gang or no such. Did he own a gun? Yes. But he wasn't that kind of a man, he would look scary at first but once you got to know him you'd realize that he's a giant sweetheart.

She then decided to start dating a year after and found this a*s of an hole to marry. I hated him deep down in my guts and it was noticeable.

"Morning babygirl," My mom said cheerfully as she gave me her wonderful smile as she turned back to flip the pancakes, Hanson turned around and gave me one of his own glares as he purposely grabbed my mother's ašs to get on my nerve.

She jumped as she smiled at him and giggled, "Honey, Adri is here." She said as she placed a kiss on his cheek. She was very happy with him, you could've seen it in her eyes, but he was the devil while she was the angel.

She then turned to me, "This last set is for you hun," she said to me as she looked down at her watch, "Can you come and do them, I'm already late," She said with pleading eyes, I was about to get up to do them until, "I'll do them, I can flip up some pancakes for my step-daughter," Hanson said causing my mother to watch him in adoration and me in disgust.

"That's why I love you!" She said as she placed another kiss on his lips, "I'm already late," I said annoyed, "Shouldn't have stayed out so late." He said with an distasteful tone earning an eye roll from me.

My mom was now gone and he was behind the stove with my breakfast, I was eyeing him carefully because I clearly didn't trust him.

"If I was your real father, I would've never let you leave the house last night." He began as I groaned, "You're a pathetic high school whöre!" He continued and I smiled, there was the insulting Hanson, he always came around when my mom was gone.

"What? Didn't get sěx last night that's why you're in a pissed mood?" I asked with a smirk causing him to turn around and glare at me.

"You were a mistake! Your mother tells me that every night before I hit her from behind!" He gritted as he poured the mix onto the pan and I guess for my bad behavior he spat right into the mix.

"Fűcking aşshole!" I shouted as I grabbed my bag walking out of the house and slamming the door.

* * *

"Adriana!" I heard someone shout my name. Knowing the voice made me walk faster to class. I dreaded this moment, I didn't want it to come at all.

"Adriana, listen to me for a second!" He ran as he attempted to grab my arm but I pulled away, "There is nothing to be said James. What happened, happened." I said annoyed, I wasn't planning on shedding any tears so I wanted to keep it short.

"It wasn't like that! She came onto me!" He said, he was a real pathetic aśs, I can't believe that we were once called a couple. I laughed physically at the thought.

"It's over! We're over!" I gritted my teeth as I felt my face heating up with anger.

You could've called us a power couple. We were the popular kids and got attention from everyone. I definitely had haters and rivals and when I say rivals I mean they hate my guts and are trying to compete with me.

Her name was Rebecca. That's her, she hated my guts since grade school and brought the whole drama to highschool. I recently found out that my now ex-boyfriend and her was secretly hooking up behind my back. He even went to the extent to bring her a gift at school and totally embarrassed me.

*   *

I was hanging around my group of friends. We were all cheerleaders and I was the captain. We were laughing at something Dana said but I stopped once I saw James. He held a big box in his hands with a big bow on it. I got up from my seat as I made my way towards him, he still didn't see me coming his way.

The girls 'awed' and that caught his attention as his eyes were now on me and his smile dropped causing mines to drop to.

"Adriana.." it sounded as if he forced my name out causing me to frown. "Hey babe, what's this?" I said as I looked back down to the gift as I smiled all over again.

"Umm." He froze, I removed the bow as I lifted the lid up to reveal a sleeping puppy in the box. My face fell flat as I watched it in confusion. He knew I was allergic to dogs, so who was this gift for?

"Baby!" I stiffened, that voice belonged to Rebecca...

/\

First chapter! Vote and comment! What do you think?
Unedited.