14. Yeong-Gi- Dotted Line

(Requested)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I stepped out of the car and looked around, straightening my business top and skirt.

"This is a lot bigger than I had hoped," I sighed, rubbing my temples. "How the hell am I supposed to find anything."

"Oh, Miss (Y/N). I was expecting you."

"Mrs. Hirahara," I replied stiffly, walking towards her. "What did you want now?"

"My son wanted to meet you." I shook my head and laughed mockingly.

"No, Mrs. Hirahara. I'm afraid you are wrong. You. Wanted. Me. To. Meet. Your. Son," I corrected, giving a sick smile. She smiled back.

"Of course, silly me." I politely, but falsely, smiled back and continued to walk as Mrs. Hirahara babbled on.

(Timeskip)

I arrived in front of an office, standing there, unimpressed as I watched the mother tap on the door.

"Nol~" she sang, "She's right here waiting for you~" I groaned to myself and popped a mint in my mouth. This was going to be grand. A ginger opened the door and I let myself take in his features.

He was quite good looking, I'll give him that. Pretty tall as well.

"Who is this?" he asked, leaning against the door frame.

"(Y/N) of the KingJi Corporation," I said, sticking my hand out, "Pleasure to meet you, Mr. Hirahara." He gave a look at my hand before shaking it.

"Nice to meet you too," he said brightly.

(Timeskip)

I sighed as Mrs. Hirahara locked us in the same room, expecting us to get somewhere.

"Is your job any fun, Miss (Y/N)?" I almost snorted.

"Yes, a full time office job where none of the employees are competent enough to get work done is so much fun, Mr. Hirahara," I scoffed, sarcasm dripping from my voice. He looked mildly surprised as he nodded and took a sip of his soda.

"You sound like my older brother, Kousuke," he joked. I raised an eyebrow and scoffed.

"Your older brother must be quite the charmer then," I replied, clicking my tongue.

"You can't be serious."

"It's sarcasm, genius," I responded, rolling my eyes, suppressing a smile. He made an 'O' shape with his mouth and was quiet again. I sighed again, not wanting to bear the hefty weight of silence.

"So, how is your job in the Hirahara business, Mr. Hirahara?"

"Call me Yeong-Gi."

"I do not address people by their first names until I feel comfortable doing so, Mr. Hirahara," I said, faking a smile.

"Sorry... I didn't know." He looked genuinely sad and apologetic, and I hesitated.

"Look, if I seem rude, pardon my manners. I just really didn't want to be here, I'm not normally rude, I promise," I said airily, "I just have a hard time opening up to people. I can be very sarcastic and cold at times, but that's about it." He looked at me, smiling a bit.

"Thanks." I almost laughed.

"For what?" I coughed, "I didn't give you anything."

"For going out of your comfort zone to tell me something. I appreciate it." I felt a heat rise to my cheeks.

"Yeah. It's no problem."

(Timeskip)

I walked along the hallway and suddenly bumped shoulders with someone.

"Watch where you're going," we said at the same time. I turned around angrily and was met with a pair of cold blue eyes.

"You should watch your step. Don't lose your footing," I said, a hint of annoyance dancing in my tone.

"As to you, Miss," the guy said.

"Who do you think you are?"

"Kousuke Hirahara. The heir of this company, might I add."

"I am the CEO of my late father's company, KingJi, (Y/N) (L/N)," I said replied, looking into his eyes with menace. "Might I add." By now I was mocking him.

"So you're the woman doing business with my father."

"That is correct, Mr. Hirahara. Your old man seems like a commanding one."

"You have quite the sharp tongue, (L/N)."

"As do you, Hirahara." I glared at him and started to walk away.

Some brother Nol has.

(Timeskip)

"Hello? Yeong-Gi, I'm at the door with the contract. I need you to sign it," I called, knocking on his door. He opened the door with wide eyes.

"You said my first name," he said quickly, beaming, "You. Said. My. First. Name!" I couldn't help but smile subtly at his expression as he dragged me into his office.

"Didn't I say that I call people by their first names whenever I feel comfortable to?" I chuckled, lining up the stack of papers and stapling them together, handing it to Yeong-Gi.

"What's this?" he asked, flipping through the papers.

"It's a contract agreement. We need your signature, and that's it," I replied, tapping on the dotted line. He frowned, looking at the document.

"Have you even read this?" he said, whacking the papers lightly. I took them and scanned over the lines of words.

"I don't remember Mr. Hirahara mentioning that..." I muttered, tapping on the second sentence in the fifth paragraph. "I'll have to ask him." I turned to leave, but a hand restricted my depart.

"Wait, (Y/N)..." Yeong-Gi pleaded. "Do you really want to change that fact?"

"What?"

"I mean, would it really be bad having one of us as your future spouse?" he whispered, looking down at the ground. I bit my lip in hesitation, maintaining a cold stare. He let go of my arm, letting his fall by his sides.

"I don't want to change it," I thought, clenching my fist. "But that's selfish."

"Can you stay with me?" I turned to look at Yeong-Gi in surprise.

"Pardon?"

"Why won't you stay with me? We've known each other for a pretty long time, and I feel like... We could... be together, you know?" he mumbled, playing with his thumbs. I set the papers down and looked up at him.

"Is that what you really want?" I wondered aloud, looking at him intently. "Or is this some kind of sick joke that your mother made you say?"

"What?" he panicked, "No, no! Of course not! I like you, a lot! I'm just scared... That it'll end up like my last relationship..."

My eyes softened at the mention of his ex, Alyssa. I sighed and picked the papers up again, smiling and nudging his shoulder.

"But first, you have to sign on the dotted line."

His face brightened as he picked up a pen and wrote his signature.

"It's official."