Spier Family Reunion

Simon's pov 

Today's the day I've been dreading alllll week long. It's not that I don't love all of my family it's just that they can be a lot sometimes. I'm still not out to most of my family so I figured today would be a great day to do it. I'm bringing Bram to show them that this is a legit thing and hopefully if he's there they won't be rude and accept us. I also need him for emotional support. And I think that it will help us almost reconnect and not have to think about college for a few days. I hope nothing terrible happens I'm really just looking for a great weekend with my family and my boyfriend. 

"Simon! can you please come downstairs for a minute!" 

"yes mom?"

"What's your plan with coming out to the family?" 

"I'm going to introduce Bram to everyone as my boyfriend and if they have to ask me anything they can" 

"That's it? Nothing big?"

"Mom they're a bunch of conservatives I don't think they will want a big performance." 

"Just be prepared for anything. I don't want any of their comments getting to you.At least you don't have worry about coming out to my side of the family. They are all liberals and will 1000% support you" 

"Do you think that dads side will accept me?" 

"I'm sure that there will be a few who will not but I think they will be overall supportive." 

"I don't think they will.We have a lot of dicks in our family. " Nora said coming into the room. I laughed a little bit at her brutal honesty.

"Nora!"My mom yells 

I wish I was lying but I think that is the first thing that she has said to me since the dinner.  

"Sorry Si I'm just being honest. I don't want you to get hurt." she gives me a little smile and I smile back at her. 

"I appreciate it Nora. Thank you for looking out for me." 

I give her a hug and my mom can't help but "awe" at us.

"I'm so glad my babies are talking to each other again! Now we just need Alice here. "

"Is she coming?" I ask my mom.

"I wish. She has finals. I talked to her last night." Nora answers before my mom was able to get a word out.  I guess Nora is back to her normal self again. 

"You talked to Alice?" my mom asks her so happily.

"yeah. I wanted to ask her if she was going to this." 

"I'm glad that you guys fixed your problem. Whatever it was don't let it happen again. I hate seeing you guys not talking to each other. And Simon we're leaving in a half in hour so tell Bram that he has to be here soon." 

"Bram's coming?"Nora asks me

"Yeah. You didn't hear that part when you were eavesdropping on my conversation with mom?" I say teasing her.  

"haha. But no I didn't. I'm glad that there will be another normal person at this lame thing and it's not just me." 

"What's that supposed to mean? I'm not normal?" 

"Normal is not a way to describe you,no." 

"Whateverrrr" I say while dragging out the "r"

she rolls her eyes playfully and then leaves the room to finish packing. I text Bram that we are leaving soon and he answers that he's leaving now.