Bastards Do Not Exist

Queen Mary POV

"It's impossible." I screech. Aiyana is with child, meanwhile I remain without an heir to my name. And now whispers of an annulment are circulating around both, English and Scottish courts. "Arthur would never leave me for his play thing. He needs me." I argue my mother. "You failed to give King Henry what he wants. In this life a Queen has one important duty that must be fulfilled. Give your husband heir. His wench is due to give birth in Spring. Why would King Henry allow his son to be married to you, if the girl is more fertile." My mother ranted as she tossed her hairbrush across her room. 

"That child. That thing, growing inside her is a bastard. It would never be able to take the throne of England." I stress. She rolls her eyes. "If King Henry wishes to have the babe legitimized then he shall do so with ease. Just as if he wants to grant his son an annulment-he will." Mother points out. There was no getting out of this marriage. Arthur and I are meant to combine our kingdoms into one. "We are suppose to create the largest dynasty in Europe. Even Spain would not be able to stop us. And Queen Anne..." 

My mother put her hand up to silence me. "Anne will do anything that is best for her son's future. And if that means setting you aside, she'll do it without a second thought. Never be fooled by her 'kindness'." Mother advised as she stroked my hair. "You must become with child and soon. Perhaps you should take other measures. You and Prince Arthur have lied together more than once, yet nothing. Maybe it is time you try another method." 

I could not believe my ears. Was she suggesting the unforgivable sin. "The child would be condemned, mother. I could lose my head." I plead against her advice. She tugged my head back to face her that hover above mine. "You'll lose it anyway if this marriage fails. And Scotland will fall along with it." Pushing my head forward as she released me, she began to pace again. "We will find a proper English man. He will share your bed until you have conceived. Then I will have him taken care of. No one will ever know a thing." She plotted. 

I shook my head. "I am a Queen. I will not bare a bastard child." She quickly turned me to her. "You will if it'll save our country, my girl. And anyway...In England bastards do not exist." She laughed. I gave her a pointed glare as my mind began to absorb that fact that he suggestion was actually an order. I was going to do as told, even if that meant her restraining me my bed and forcing someone upon me. My future was appearing very deeming as time went on.