Give In or Give Up

Queen Mary's P.O.V

For me to have to sit in my throne and watch as the love of my life gawked at his longtime fancy was simply appalling. Arthur spent our entire official engagement celebration drooling over his wench. I did not understand she had that I did not. I was younger, richer and in my opinion- prettier. She was nothing, but a mere Lady. And even so, she wasn't even a real Lady. I wondered if she was even European. No one even knew where her people originate as they spent most of their time living in the wild. She was a savage in my mind. 

She was no better than those Pagans witches. King Henry should have sent on her way once her Father died. She smiled wickedly when she saw I was glaring at her. I guess this gave her all the power she needed to come to the dais. "Your majesty is to be congratulated for reaching so high. To bag a man as handsome as Prince Arthur. No woman could ask for anything more." She snapped. I faked a smiled, "Thank Lady Aiyana. I plan to take full advantage of being ever so lucky." As if Arthur could feel the tension grow he asked for Aiyana to dance with him. I jumped from my throne to the surprise of Queen Anne and King Henry. 

"Surely, you want to dance with me Arthur. It is our celebration after all." His eyebrow lifted, "Mary you have my permission to seek another suitor to take part in this dance." I nodded my head in understand that he wanted me to settle down. I took my seat, refusing to make a fool of myself and allowing the wench to win. Queen Anne turned to me , "Mary you must not allow her to best you. Do not pay any heed to my son's actions." She began to advise. She was right, after all, he was marrying me whether he wanted to or not. But something inside me refused to accept that was all that was between us.

I would not have a loveless marriage. I'd win his heart back one way or another. He needs to to conceive an heir, but I want him to want want me for more than just that. I want him to walk into a room and search for my eyes. I want him to look at me with the loving affection he does to the her. And I'd get what I want. I am Mary, Queen of Scots. I do what I want...sooner or later- I do. 

-----------------------------------

(A/N: Enjoying this story? Go check out my newest story ~Do Your Thang~! Just copy and paste the link below or go to my page and click on it. Either way go read it and tell me what you think. Thx.) 

https://www.wattpad.com/506587598-~do-your-thang~-the-big-city-move

P.S don't forget to hit that favorite star. Get ten in the next two hours and i'll post two more chapters. What are you waiting for...hit that star!