They were scared, confused, and a little worried, although my dad looked more angry than scared. 

He said he'd punch every single reporter and photographer out on the ground if they so much as even touched me, but of course he's all talk.  

I sighed as I reached my bed, forcing myself to slowly lower down onto it as gently as I could.  The ribs were the most sore, and I had a permanent headache.  The ache was still there too, but if I focused on my physical pain, the emotional hurt dissipated just a bit. 

I thought of Sebastian and how he'd asked me to call him once I was discharged and back at home safe and sound. 

I'd been home for over three hours, and still I hand't called him.  I didn't know what I was waiting for...maybe I was scared of what would happen after what had occurred between us.  

That kiss wasn't just any kiss.  Could it even be described as a simple kiss?  Surely there was a better word for something so spectacular that I could't even describe it if I wanted to. 

I put my fingers to my tingling lips and with the sudden smile that burst onto my face from the memory, I knew exactly what I was going to do, my mind made up the second his unearthly handsome face crept into my mind's eye. 

The phone rang for what felt like hours but I was sure it was only a few seconds.  Finally, someone answered the phone. 

"Hello?" a breathless voice asked, although it wasn't the voice that I was expecting.  It came from a girl. 

A breathless girl answering Sebastian's phone?  Don't jump to conclusions, Holly.  Don't jump to-

A manly grunt came from the other end of the line, and I definitely recognized that voice.  I wanted to throw my phone across the room in surprise, anger, even...hurt?

I forced myself to start speaking, I knew that if I didn't then there would be no way that I'd live it down. 

"Y-yeah, I'm calling for Sebastian?" I stated in a question form to the girl on the other end of the line.  

A short laugh escaped the girl's mouth on the other end and I tensed, waiting for her to yell at me to stay away from her man but she did something that definitely surprised me. 

"Hey Bash, your lady friend is on the phone.  What's her name again?  You can't shut up about her even if you-"

"Hey, what's up?" Sebastian's voice filled my ears as he cut off the woman on the other end of the line.  I wondered what exactly was going on. 

"Umm, nothing much.  Just a little confused I guess?"

"Oh, that was Blake, she's my cousin.  You know, the one who's clothes you borrowed last time you were here?" he asked me and I felt a huge weight lift off of my shoulders. 

What did I think was happening, that he was having sex with some girl and she picked up his phone while they were in the middle of it?  Who would do that, anyway?

"Oh, yeah okay.  She seems...nice." I said, not sure what else to say.  I couldn't get those words out of my head though.  He talked to her about me?

The thought brought a bright red hue to my cheeks, and I was grateful for once that Sebastian wasn't right beside me. 

"Hah.  Yeah right.  Say that again and I'll punch you in the throat." I heard her voice exclaim from the other side of the phone.  Okay, so maybe she wasn't nice...

I gulped.  "Noted," I said, fearing that she wouldn't like me after that. 

"I'm totally kidding.  You've got a cute one on your hands, Bash.  Now go somewhere else, I'm trying to focus.  I can't work out while you're being a sappy little love sack on the phone."