Okay, I know you see the articles and the magazines. Come on, we need to talk about this...

Holly?

And then the new texts started up yesterday.

Where are you?

If you're awake and reading this, which hospital are you in?

Nevermind, I'm coming.

I held my breath as I read the next one.

I met your mom. She's a...nice woman. Not really, she kind of scared me.

I laughed at that.

I had her leave some balloons for you, I didn't know you were in a coma. I don't know why I'm still texting you, I guess it's because it's like you're still here, helps me trick myself, you know?

His texts stopped abruptly then, the last one from today. I checked the time. It was from only four hours ago.

My breath got caught in my throat. He was there?! And I had just missed him?!

I groaned and my head fell back against the pillow.

I looked over to the window and got an idea.

I gently eased myself out of the bed, being as careful as I could with the IV line still attached to my arm. I walked over to the heavily curtained window and pushed them aside, only to find blinds in my way as well.

I reached for the string obstructing my view of the outside world and pulled the blinds up, and was shocked at what I found.

People, hundreds of them, maybe more, lined up outside the building with cameras that started flashing as soon as someone shouted something.

They all rushed up to my first floor window and started flashing pictures at my surprised face, and security guards all rushed up to meet them as soon as they started running.

I quickly dropped the blinds as soon as I had picked them up and walked dazedly back to the bed, heart in my throat.

My phone pinged in my hand suddenly, and I jumped back from it as if it were alive and it was going to get me or something.

It was a text from Sebastian. I held my breath as I opened the message.

Nice hair, Red. That'll be a good front cover picture for the magazines.

I gasped, looking around the room wondering how he'd seen me.

Then I slapped my hand to my forehead. I opened the blinds in the window. He must've stayed behind at the hospital when my mom kicked me out, waiting for me to wake up to say that I wanted visitors or something.

There was a commotion outside and I almost wanted to rush out and look through the blinds in the window again but I wasn't going to make that mistake twice.

I heard a lot of shuffling outside my room, but I was too tired to get up and find out what it was. I laid back carefully in the bed, hissing in pain and doubling over as a sharp sting in my my side sent waves of torture through my body.

I cried out as tears blurred my vision just as the door to my room opened. I looked up through my tear stained lashes and saw the last person I expected to see wearing a doctor's coat.

Sebastian.

Looking as devilishly handsome as every, the white lab coat made him look different.  Sexier in a way. 

He had a look of determination and concern etched onto his face, like he couldn't believe I was in the hospital or something. 

I held his emerald gaze for a long time before he finally rushed over to me, and I could finally see his face up close and personal. 

Five feet, three feet, one foot away from me and I could see the pain coursing through his eyes, the bags underneath them and the worry lines on his forehead. 

I wanted to reach out and smooth the lines away with my hands, but I could barely move. 

I suddenly realized I was still in pain. 

Huh, Sebastian made me forget about it.  He occupied my mind long enough for me to forget I was in excruciating pain. 

The air was electrically charged, filled with what could be and what was to happen. 

He gave me a pointed look, his hand reaching out and caressing my hair and softly fitting it behind my ear. 

I shivered at his touch. 

"We need to talk."