Sad! Levi x Reader (part 8)

The camp was ruined. Tents flattened. Carts overturned. A path of broken trees. My lips trembled as the medical tent came into view; it was torn and flat. All the time I was willing that one thought not to come into my mind. He was here. He was going to appear at any moment. He was fine.

Already, it was clear that everyone who had been in the camp was dead. Five bodies had been brought to the middle of the clearing. The nurse, and four guards. Levi hadn't been found yet... Wait. He wasn't going to be found, because he wasn't.....dead.

A piece of white material floating in the wind- a cravat. A boot nearby, and 3DMG that had been broken off.  Erwin looking mournful.

Levi....

He

Couldn't

Be

Gone...

He said he'd be fine. He said...he said...  Tears filled my vision, and I stumbled backwards. The titans would pay for this. They would be exterminated by my blade! I would avenge my heicho's death... I wouldn't let him down.

'Hei...cho...' I whispered.

'(y/n), why are you crying?' A stern voice came from behind me m.

'Heicho!' I cried and hugged the small man before me, tighter than any hug before.

'Dammit....(y/n).... I... Can't.... Breathe... And.... People... Are... Staring,' he heaved. I let go and turned to see Hanji, Erwin and Armin watching us. I dipped my head in apology to them. Erwin and Hanji just laughed while Armin blushed furiously. Levi smirked, grabbed my hand and led me into the wood.

'So, why are you crying?' He asked as he pinned me against a tree.

'I thought... You were... Dead,' I stammered. Something gleamed in his eyes.

'You think they can kill me so easily?' He smirked. I noticed that he shirt was ripped at the top and his  cravat was missing, as were his boots and 3DMG harness.

'They almost did...' I whispered. He looked away guiltily.

'I'm sorry if I scared you,' he sighed, then the corner of his mouth lifted again, 'what can I do to apologize?'

I felt my heart beat twice as fast as he said those words.

'You know what you can do,' I whispered. He didn't need telling twice. His lips smashed into mine, his hands around my waist. I was too into the kiss to notice the small crowd gathering around us. He broke away and turned to them while I blushed.

'Go away,' he muttered. How the hell was he keeping a straight face?! Hanji winked and led the others away, as Levi turned back to me.

'Now,' he purred, 'let's finish what we started without any distractions,'

*Time skip to a few hours later*

Levi's POV

I woke up and saw (y/n) sleeping peacefully beside me. I sighed; now she was going to be the one who got a cold. Mine had gone away quickly, well, we did have the best medical treatment of anyone, but I wasn't sure about her. What if she got really ill? I shuddered at the thought, and hugged her tightly. I wouldn't let her be hurt.

A familiar twang of pain jolted through my ankle as I did, and I gritted by teeth bitterly. I couldn't show my weakness to anyone. Not even her.

Your POV

I woke up to be met with soft grey eyes. Wait what. Levi was already awake and staring at my (e/c) eyes.

'Morning,' he whispered. It was morning!?

'huh? I slept that long?' I muttered sleepily, before looking up, and realising he was right. The sky was a peachy blue and there was dew on the floor all around us.

'Are you cold?' He asked, concerned, when he saw me look st the dew.

'A little,' I admitted, and he stood up, lifted me up like a baby and carried me back to camp. People were only just waking up and didn't notice us sneaking in. We reached the storage cart where everyone's stuff was being kept. He grabbed both our capes and we put them on. I found myself grinning at the warmth.

'I hope you two aren't overly tired after last night,' Erwin came from behind us, 'we are heading back today.'

'We're fine,' Levi snapped before I could reply. We were heading back today... I looked around and saw that there was only about seven or eight people left in camp. Erwin, Hanji, Levi, me, Armin and a few others. What would the city say? At least we had the samples, so it wouldn't be that bad... Would it?