Sad! Levi x Reader (part 5)

A/N: Please comment and vote (>-<) Also please tell me more ideas for other stories :3 (MOAR LEVI ^(>0<)^... <(o.o<) ) Oh and by the way, I'm going to switch between people's POVS now too, and you (the reader) is going to refer to yourself as 'I' now too. I don't own AoT or any of its characters 

Levi's POV

Hanji. That brat. Always getting in the way of things. Always getting between me and (y/n). Always being nosy. If it wasn't for her knowledge on titans I would have killed by now. Urgh. What is taking them so long in there? I'm going to go in if she doesn't... (y/n) appeared, blushing, followed by a few others. Hanji winked at me.

'Don't scowl, Levi-kun,' she sang, grabbing my cheek, '(y/n) told us EVERYTHING!' I felt my face redden and grabbed Hanji's wrist, shoving her hand from my face, before grabbing (y/n) and storming to my office. I could kill that Hanji Zoe. 

Three weeks later 

I nervously awaited Erwin's instructions, though I didn't show it. My scowl was once again painted on my face and I was sure to glare at any soldier who passed by me. We were about to embark on yet another mission beyond the walls, this time to protect Hanji while she collect 'samples' from as many Titans as possible. There was thirty of us leaving the walls in all. Me, Hanji, Eren, Erwin, Jean, Connie, Sasha, Mikasa, some others I didn't know, and of course, (y/n). She rode behind me, alongside Mikasa and Erwin. I was going to watch her very closely, to ensure she got back safe. If I lost her... I would find myself on top of wall Rose yet again, until another Guardian Angel came and rescued me. She was my angel. I refused to let her be hurt.

'Onward!' Erwin cried, and we kicked our horses into motion. The onslaught of hate faded into the distance and we were instead greeted with an anslaught of Titans. I launched myself into battle, slicing through necks and occasionly wincing as my leg throbbed; a constant reminder of our previous loss. I had lied to Erwin in order to join the Survey Corps in their latest mission. I had to be with her, to protexct her, and a sprained ankle wasn't about to stop me, no matter how much I was supposed to 'rest'. I stifled a cry of pain as a Titan swung its arm at me, catching my leg an sending me flying. I rolled across the floor, hitting a rock. I heard a sickening cruch as bone struck stone.

Reader's POV

Levi! I cried, racing towards him. The Titans were all dead now, but so were many troops. How...only about fifteen of us were left. As I ran I saw both Sasha and Connie's broken bodies lying motionless on the floor. No... I reached Levi. He sat up, rubbbing his head, and I let out a sigh of relief. I helped him up and he stayed silent until we re-mounted our horses. I noticed that when he walked, he did a slight flick of his right heel, not putting as much pressure on it as he should have been. Was he still injured?!  I kicked my horse, Shadow, forward until I was riding alongside him. I could see that his foot wasn't quite in the saddle, his ankle bent in an awkward way. He saw me looking from the corner of his eye.

'(y/n),' he muttered, 'what are you doing?' he scowled, not turning his head.

'You're hurt,' I whispered, ensuring that Erwin didn't overhear. Levi tch'd.

'No I'm not. I'm fine. Get back into formation,' he hissed, and I sadly slowed my horse down. Why was he putting himself through pain?