Everything's Alright

Glenn  took me in his arms, sat me on his lap and brought my head to the crook of his neck. He held my head firmly as he consoled the overwhelmed mess I was. "Shhhh, shhhh, it's over now, you're safe with me" he whispered while rocking me back and forth in his arms. My arms were firm around his neck as I held him back to satisfy my need for physical comfort and attention. His strong hands rubbed up and down my back as he continued to whisper words of comfort. My breathing got lighter and the remaining of my tears dripped out with ease. He let one arm go and hooked it under the crook of my knees as he scooped me up and brought me to his dressing room. Once we were inside, he gently laid me down on his bed as he started to wet a washcloth to clean up my face with. I closed my eyes and relaxed my face the best I could as he gently wiped my face clean of my runny wet makeup and tears. "Better darling?" He asked with a sad sympathetic smile. I nodded as he let me blow my nose into the cloth before putting it for wash later. I breathed calmly for the first time in minutes as he came back and joined me on the bed. "Here darling, you can rest with me." he offered, patting the bed in a spot next to him. Didn't take me long to accept the invite. I faced him while I once again felt his calming touch. One arm wrapped around me as the other began to run his knuckles up and down my back, syncing the strokes with my breathing as I drifted off to sleep.