"So what are you saying?" Gen. Abdul Rehman growled, glaring intensely at Gen. Bajwa. "That I give up on my daughter? Is that what you're saying?"

Gen. Bajwa was quiet. Right now, he wasn't dealing with his friend rather, he was dealing with distressed father who's child was about to be killed. And the certainty of that happening was also very high. She wasn't in the hand of just any amateur gang or terrorists, she was in the hands of the MMM and they wouldn't spare her. But of course, that wasn't what he could possibly say to him.

"Of course I'm not saying that. We'll try our best to get Sadia back-"

"That isn't happening and you know it. Not without the central servers, we cannot track them."

"Rehman, you know that we can't do that. Using the central servers will not only inform the Chief but also jeopardise the whole Sikhai operation."

"You think that I care about that right now!"

"That's what I'm trying to make you understand. I know you don't care about it-"

"I'm not just speaking as a father. I'm also speaking as a CO because a citizen is in danger."

"Don't say that Rehman. You know it's not true. This matter is too personal and you're not thinking objectively."

Gen. Abdul Rehman turned away from Gen. Bajwa, his shoulders sagging in utter defeat.

"Still, she's a citizen that requires immediate rescue."

"And in any situation in which we had control, we would've dispatched SSG to rescue her but when we can't even locate them, then how are we-"

"We can locate them if only I can have access to the central servers!" Gen. Abdul Rehman shouted, his voice resonating off the walls of his office. His heart was racing and he knew that he ought to calm down but his emotions were on a whirl and he couldn't possibly think of himself when his precious daughter was in imminent danger.

"I'm sure that the Chief will understand." Gen. Abdul Rehman uttered, hoping so much that Gen. Bajwa would agree to with him. He was his closest friend and he wanted his support in this matter.

"Not when the Chief comes to know that it's been more then 48 hours. And you know that's the time limit given to us in a hostage situation."

There was silence in the room. Gen. Bajwa thought of what he had to say next but stayed quiet. He wanted Gen. Abdul Rehman to calm down since his situation and his health was frail.

"Sadia," Gen. Bajwa smiled warmed as he thought of the girl. "She's always been smart and mature for her age." He commented. "Do you remember what she had just said a few moments ago?"

Gen. Abdul Rehman squeezed his eyes shut for years brimmed behind his closed lids as Sadia words rang in his ears:

'Pakistan army does not negotiate with terrorists!'

'Do not compromise on national security for my sake!'

Yes, she is smart. And she made a decision, a decision that her father was too weak to make.

"She said not to compromise on national security for her sake. It only means that she must've figured out that she won't be left alive." Gen. Bajwa said the ultimate truth, the one that his friend was afraid to listen to but he knew that he acknowledged it. "I think that she's accepted her fate. She's willing to give up her life for Pakistan that's why she doesn't want us to negotiate with them anymore. Sadia's a brave girl. She knows what's going to happen and she's accepted it but the real question is, will she ever forgive you if she found out that you would rather risk national security for her sake?"