Chapter 9: Signs

Another week goes by of the whispers, the taunting now starting as I've seen Cyran here, visiting his favorite busty blonde yet again.

It's odd that I never feel the betrayal, but then again with the strength of his magyk maybe he blocks me from that as well.

Today I've been especially sick, and I'm not sure what to think of that because I should be getting better instead of much, much worse.

I've been holding it back for as long as I can now, but I don't even make it to my ever so present guards before I'm heaving up my breakfast all over an expensive looking rug.

The black icor is prominent against its canvas of light grey colors, and I feel sorry for whoever has to clean this up because I can't stop the next upheaval either before it's emptied to the floor, all the harlots rushing away at the look of me, at the pulsing veins of poison that aren't hidden in the least until Thalon blocks my view, hiding me away as he pulls a soft blanket around my shoulders.

He's lifting my now weak and woozy body into his arms just before I can see the look on Cyran's face as I feel him exit that chamber of silence.

"She's shivering what should we do?" Ayrie exclaims softly as he opens my bedroom door wide enough for Thalons frame to fit through without bonking me on the doorframe.

"Call For Norrie. She doesn't look so well."

He lays me on top of the comforter, dutifully ignoring my bare breasts as I wasn't given the option for a top today.

"She feels hot. Maybe we should call for-"

"Leave."

His cold voice could freeze the room as he commands his troops, no emotion detected on that stone face of his until it cracks with the next glance he passes my way.

"What about Nor-"

"I can handle it!" He yells seemingly worried but I'm not sure what for unless he just doesn't want me to die on him, doesn't want my people to think he broke a sacred bond and in doing so killing his new blood mate.

I start to laugh as I feel a soft tickle against my heart, watching the blue glow swirl there before sliding against my soul. It almost feels closer now than it had before, like the distance is closing between us. I'm not sure what to think of that.

"What's so funny, silmë, do you think I like walking out to you puking that black icor from your system? Do you think I enjoy watching as my commander has to carry you back here? I have my father down my back about an heir and I'm not even sure we've successfully bound yet!" He seems desperate, his cold gaze dimming a bit as his thoughts churn, as he covers me with a soft blanket and calls for a bit of herbal tea.

I try to sip it slowly as he sits on the bench, not looking anywhere near me.

"Maybe I didn't loosen your restraints enough, maybe your body will heal if I let your magyk return for a few hours." He muses, softly contemplating with himself.

I can feel the pain just beneath the surface as he stands, walking towards me and sitting in front of me after a while of silence.

He takes my cup, setting it gently on the bedside table before pulling my hand into his cold grasp. The dark clouds of night slowly swirl out, turning the switch on my cuffs and I moan as my magyk soars back through my system, as it burrows beneath my sinew and bones, giving my body the energy and sustenance it's needed for so long now.

I almost cry in relief as my veins start to pulse, Cyran watching them closely as they dissipate, only to turn black beneath the surface, my body expelling the tea onto the floor.

Cyran seems confused as I lay back, inspecting my wrists closely.

The bruising has all but disappeared, but my veins may remain this way for a while yet.

I can feel his frustration, but I do not test his limits lest he cuff me again.

He leaves shortly after Norine arrives, helping me clean up and such.

"Whatever you do don't use your magyk." Norine whispers into my ear as she glances her brothers way. "As long you keep it under wraps he is willing to let you remain as you are."

I don't question this as I'm bed ridden over the next few weeks anyways. Cyran has me in extreme lockdown again, not that I'm complaining. At least I don't have to watch him come and go in the harem as he pleases, because no matter how I try to hide it, it hurts on a bodily deep level. No matter what I have always wanted in a bind, I am stuck with him for now because if I start to act suspicious in any way there's no way I can plan an escape from this nightmare when I don't even fully know what this nightmare is beyond the rumors.

Ayrie and Thalon seem worried as they watch me puke up my lunch, of course, they always seem worried, but maybe that's my minds way of distorting the truth, maybe they are just disgusted and I'm so eager to be accepted that I ignore the signs that are right in front of me.

As I wipe my mouth I start to think about how long I've been here, how long it's been since I menstruated because I know it's been at least a month and if so...

Well it could be stress. There's no way he got me pregnant on the first go, but I drop to the floor of the bathing room in defeat all the signs seeming to catch up with me, the sickness, not getting better with my magyk, the constant sadness beyond what is normal even in a situation such as this.

I start to shiver, unsure of myself, my body. What is this? What will happen to me now? To us now? There's no way I could leave on my own, soon I will start to show, and even with the new wall I have built around my thoughts I couldn't hide it for long. Elven children tend to grow at an accelerated rate, coming to full term months earlier than any other species I've heard or read about.

I bow my head as I feel a cold gaze against my back, a tall figure leaning against the doorway, watching me, looking for any signs of death I presume.

"I want to be alone." I say quietly, but he doesn't listen. He pulls me up, half carrying my shaking form from the bathing room to the bed before he sits on the bench, a book in hand, reading whatever it is he reads in his off time as I try with all my might to keep the doors of my mind on close century watch, imagining two guards in particular just outside my minds gates.