The Report

James, Adeline, Nicollete, and I sat together in the sitting room and turned on the TV. The news report would be playing and it would inform us about what the public thought about us. The media had a love-hate relationship with us. Sometimes they loved us and talked about how great we were, other days, they said how we were tearing the country down.

The report started with showing my encounter with Katherine. But the next part shocked us. There were pictures of James and I in the pool yesterday. They were cute, candid pictures. James throwing me in the air, him kissing me on the cheek, or us laughing together. There were no windows in the pool room. That meant someone had gotten into the castle. They could still be here. How did we not notice?

We all exchanged worried looks. After a while, a guard knocked, then came in. "I just wanted to inform you that we apprehended the reporter who was inside the castle. We checked for others, but found none. You're safe." When he said this, I was so relieved that I could have kissed Anthony. Nevermind, I will never be that happy or relieved. We thanked him and talked about how relieved we were.

James and I went into my room. "How did we not notice that someone came in and was taking pictures of us?" I asked. He shrugged. "That was really scary. What if they had seen everything with Severa?" I asked. He pretended to gasp. "What a scandal." He joked. I was glad I had James to make everything better.

"Come on." I said "I want to show you the garden. The only time you saw it was when you were beating up Anthony." I said, taking his hand to guide him. "Don't be ridiculous. I was just giving him a firm talking to." He said. "His black eye says otherwise." We both laughed as we walked to the gardens.

We got to my tree and sat down on the bench. "I like your dress today. I should tell you that everyday because every time I see you, you absolutely take my breath away. You're gorgeous and perfect, and I love you." He said, holding my hands. I loved my dress too.

 I loved my dress too

And I loved him. He kissed me. We sat there in each other's arms.