Trouble in Paradise

I scribbled my final signature on a government document and quickly ran to my room to change. I put on a thin, lacey dress that was perfect so I could just go outside for a few minutes and wash my stress away.

 I put on a thin, lacey dress that was perfect so I could just go outside for a few minutes and wash my stress away

"I'm going on a walk." I said, as James opened the door after I knocked. I turned to walk away, but he grabbed my arm. I turned to him. "You're not going by yourself." He said. "I'll come with you." He said. "No. I just need to be alone." I said. "Rose, you are not going out there alone. Who knows what could happen to you." He said. I needed to be outside right now before I broke down. "Honestly James, I'm about to be queen, but I can't go outside by myself?" I said, my anger rising.
"I care about you Rose. Please take a guard." He said. I wasn't going with a guard. I needed to be alone. "No." I said, slamming the door and running out of the palace before he could say anything else.

This made everything worse. I had never been in a fight with him before. And over such a stupid thing. I knew he just cared about me, but I needed to be alone. I sat down for a few minutes to relax. I should go apologize, I thought. I started walking back and felt something hard bang against my head. I fell to the floor as my vision turned black.

I awoke finding myself surrounded in darkness. I tried to sit up but rope held me down. My head was pounding. I wanted to yell for James, for anyone, but I was gagged.

A man with dirt all over him and a scraggly beard came in. "Bonjour, princess." He said in a mocking voice as he limped over to me. I was scared of him. I didn't know him but I was scared of him. He caressed my face. I recoiled at his touch. Another man came in. With a knife. "Tell me all your secrets." He said. "All the codes, everything." I shook my head. I felt the cold blade and screamed out in pain through my gag.