He immediately noticed my presence as I came down from the steps.

"It's about time you got out. Get in." He opened the car door for me. I had no idea what he was up to today. This was really unusual since he never asked me to hang out with him beyond the office walls.

"Where are we going?" I asked him incredulously.

He looked irritated. "Just get in the car, Olive."

He wasn't answering my question so it was my turn to feel peeved. "No. I'm not letting you drag me around if you don't tell where we are going." I folded my arms, showing him that I wouldn't let him push me around.

Pierce was about to detonate and I was kind of scared that he would verbally assault me. He sighed loudly as he pinched the bridge of his nose to get his temper at bay. "We're just going to buy some furniture for my apartment. I need your help, okay? Just get in the car so we can leave."

"See, it wasn't so hard to tell me." I smiled mockingly at him, getting inside the car. I looked up when I saw him ran a hand through his hair. He was clearly frustrated and I just chuckled to myself internally. The drive was quiet. Neither of us started to converse. The only sound that filled the air was the music coming from the radio. I knew he wasn't in a good mood so it was wise not to provoke him. Thus, I stayed quiet.

Eventually, we parked outside a well-known furniture depot. I was quite confused as to why he needed my help. He had a GPS to guide him around and he could go wherever he wanted without getting lost. He also had a nice car to carry all of his purchases. I also assumed that he had good taste in picking his own furniture for the apartment. What was I here for anyway?

After an hour of looking around, I finally had the answer to my question. He made me his human shopping cart. My arms were piled with a rug that was rolled into a log, fluffy pillows, bed sheet sets and other stuff that he needed. I didn't know how I had managed to carry all of them but my arms started to cramp up.

"Seriously? Can't we get a cart for all of your stuff? We don't even have to walk around here all day. You could get an interior designer that could do all the work." I huffed as I tried to stop all the things I held from falling.

He turned around and smirked. "Now where's the fun in that?"

My anger was starting to build up. Pierce continued to walk through the aisle, ignoring me. We were in the bedroom area. I felt rebellious so I decided to dump everything on the floor. I made my way to the nearest bed display and laid there for a few minutes. I didn't care if an employee would see me. I just wanted to rest for a short while. I closed my eyes as I started to drift off.

I didn't know how long I rested my eyes. When I realized that I wasn't on my own bed at home, I woke up. A set of hazel eyes greeted my sight, staring down at me. I got lost for a moment, still in a daze from my short nap. Those eyes made no move to get out of my face. Their owner leaned in with eyes closed as I felt soft lips brush onto the side of my mouth. Caught in a surprise, I kept my eyes open.

Then I felt it.

He was kissing me.

It was tender which oddly felt addicting... It took an entire three seconds when it finally registered that what he was doing to me was completely overstepping boundaries. I panicked and abruptly sat up. I accidentally bumped into Pierce's head making me cry out in pain.

"Ow, jeez!" I covered my face with my hand to try and ease the pain. "What the hell was that? Why are you creeping on my face?" I blabbered as I pretended that I hadn't felt it. I was embarrassed but mostly I was at a loss for words. It felt amazing.