Ch. 12

500 veiws exact as of now ;00 (4/12/18)

_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_

The dark hedgehog, bolted forward, spin dashing into the floor that stole Sonic and Knuckles. (Inside the glass tube/chamber) He yelled in agony as he hit the floor. Rock solid. Almost as if an invisible force field covered it. He uncurled rubbing his head, before looking above at Eggman's hologram.

He didn't look happy one bit. Shadow dashed again, and again, until there was too much water to continue, so he took a deep breath, and waited. He kept his eyes open.

But to his horror, he watched the hologram reach to the side and pull a lever.

"If any of you try to escape or don't cooperate properly, one of you will be killed at random; which would be a shame since I took the time to design these tests." Shadow played back the line in his head repeatedly.

"No, wait..." he realized, widening his eyes and stretching to reach out to the girls. But he saw it happen. A bright flash nearly blinded him. Shadow knew he couldn't open his mouth, or he'd use all the oxygen left in him.

When the light faded he saw Rouge sitting. Open mouthed, screaming at Amy.

Amy lay collapsed on the floor. Her face a perfect image of her last emotions and train of thought. Pain, confusion, and betrayal. Her burnt pink quills were now charred terribly. A sickening shade of pink and black, with the dried blood, resting on her cut leg.

Shadow nearly choked at the sight. He had practically just sentenced Amy to her death. Guilt swallowed him. He felt the water drain back, as he set foot on ground again.

No, he couldn't be trembling...

His hands curled into fists.

This was the second time Shadow had been encased inside a glass pod, rendered helpless as someone died before him. He let out a lash anger, punching the glass chamber, as the door swung open.

Rouge looked at him, pleading him to stop. He saw the look of fear and resigned. He wouldn't make the same mistake twice. He took several deep breaths as he walked out. Passing the smoking corpse almost made him gag.

What a nightmare.

Rouge straightened herself out as Eggman causally asked her for her decision.

"The water." She said grimly, as Shadow took a seat and Amy's limp body was disposed of. The floor plates beneath her opened into a chute. Very much like the one in the glass chamber.

Rouge stepped into the chamber and stood. Emotionless almost. Either because of the sudden shock or sadness. But which ever way she looked at it, she wouldn't let Eggman have the satisfaction.

He began to count down.

"3, 2, 1."

There were no protests or words spoken. Shadow flashed a sad smile as the air ran out in the chamber. Rouge held her breath well, her makeup dissolving slightly.

The two minutes flew by.

She gasped for air, relief flooding her. She strode out, going back to her spot.

"What's next, Doctor? Rouge asked, having the nerve to roll her teal eyes.

"Actually, I'm not too sure." He said uneasily. "I wasn't expecting three of you to die, but again, I can't predict everything." He said, chuckling. He made intense notes into to his computer, mumbling something to himself.

Shadow and Rouge locked eyes. They both knew this last test would be the terrible one to end it all.