'LAURA, LOOK OUT!' I hear Gray's voice cry.

The horrific sound of crunching mental wrung out, sparks of white hot electricity showering over us. The tail had slammed into a street post, the metal poll bending, folding, falling, clattering; metres from my bike accelerating at full speed ahead.

I stood up on the bike and lunged forward, reaching my hands out to grasp the cold, metal pole slick with rain. The bike raced under the pole with ease, but it had been a long time since I'd this sort of movement. Gravity took kinder to lighter, nimble bodies who knew how it worked. Unable to hold my weight with shaking biceps, my body tumbled backward with an unsettling gasp. Miraculously, I managed to stick my legs apart, feeling the leather seat clung back to the sides of them on my way down. I halt the bike to a stop, slamming forward with a punch to the stomach.

The Indominus, who still had a sharp sense of where I was, snarls in frustration, shaking its head, clawing across the ground towards me.

Claire must have ushered the boys to safety in that time, because two familiar heads were poking out from behind the counter of an empty merchandise stall. After everything they'd seen today, Zach and Gray's eyes were as wide and bewildered as they'd ever been.

'That was awesome!' Gray yelps.

Zach nods alongside his brother, impressed. 'Okay, That was badass.'

I nod. Out of breath. Barely fathoming the fact that my blood was still pumping in a body still held together.

'You guys okay?!" I ask. They nod feverishly.

But it wasn't entirely okay, because I couldn't see Alex. The steps trailing up to the Innovation Centre were vacant. 'Where's-?'

The Indominus bellowed another deafening roar, trying to swipe at Owen darting away to the safety of another block of stone. I reach for the handheld still stuffed awkwardly in the band of my pants, flipping it into use with shaking hands. The animal's footsteps rattle the ground with each thud, making it impossible to entertain any other thought other than how afraid I was. How one small success didn't equate safety. I could be dead at any given second.

I climb off the bike. 'Just stay low,' I instruct the boys, heads disappearing under the counter. The animal had lost Owen, and it had pissed her off majorly.

I kept my stance low as I headed over to the right side of the dinosaur. Resting my left hand on my right wrist for steadiness, I begun firing all the ammunition I had in the tiny device, flinching at the sound slapping my eardrums raw. By the time I'd made it to behind a concrete bench with none of it left, it had made no difference at all. Every bullet had ricocheted off of its bulletproof skin, clattering to the ground in little gold trinkets. It continued to stomp, to sniff, to slash out at nothing, powered by its only instinct—to kill.

Our raptors weren't letting up. Our brilliant little creatures. Echo was crawling up the back of it, scurrying down to latch onto its muzzle, attempting to claw out its eyes from its sockets. Delta followed in Echo's steps, climbing up along it's spine, gouging her claws into its back with every movement she made towards its head.

The Indominus strangled a roar. Deeper and louder, this one burning at my skin. It's head began to sway vicariously, chewing at thin air. It craned its neck, nipping at its back, trying to find the source of the jabbing. It's chin brushed over Delta's back, and it tilted its head in an awful way, widening its mouth dripping with saliva and blood and gums that pulsates with silvery-blue veins.

The Indominus Rex sunk its teeth into a body much smaller than its own, lifting it from its back like a wilted bandaid torn free from a wound. With a sharp fling of its head, it tossed the body aside to the Main Street's vacant steakhouse. A orange wall of unfathomably searing heat erupted from the building, fire billowing into the sky, the colour exploding out onto the street, just like it had in the jungle. Only this time, it didn't fill my eyes, it filled every part of my body, wrapping strong hands around my ankles and hauling me on my back with a sharp thud.