4.

After katie hopped in her car, Alerissa went to hers. She decided she would go to Panera bread because she certainly did not feel like cooking after looking over her new assignment. If she choose to take it, she would be gone for 5 months. These big leaves were getting harder and harder to explain to her brother, who was also her roommate. Last time she left, he had looked at her pleadingly, asking her just where she was going for such a long time. It broke her heart, but she loved to do this, and the pay was good and putting her brother through college was important to her. She was going to talk to Katie about this, since she was the only one who knew where she really worked.

Alerissa turned on her car radio, ready to go home after thinking about this new assignment. While she was driving, she got a text. She waited until she got home to check it, but before she did, she greeted her brother.

"Cam! I'm home! How was classes?" Alerissa yelled.

Her brother came around the corner, smiling and wrapped her in a big hug.

"Hey, A, classes were great today. I also took the liberty of cooking you some food," he said.

"Really? Thank you. But I brought home Panera bread for the both of us. I could take it tomorrow though," she said.

Cameron smiled. "Wonderful, because i didn't actually cook. Thanks for the food!" He said, swiping the food Alerissa had placed on the table just a minute ago.

Alerissa gasped in surprise and ran after him. "CAMERON!" When she finally caught up to him she playfully hit him as he was eating the food she had got for him. He laughed and she pulled up a chair and ate together.

"Anything new?" She said.

Cameron looked at her. "No,"
"Just tired," he said.

Alerissa smiled at him. "Me too,"
"But, I might be leaving again," she said.

Cameron looked up at her. "Can you please tell me where you go? I get worried sick! You leave for forever and don't tell me where you go! Please A!"

Alerissa closed her eyes, "You know I can't." She kissed his forehead and went into the shower. She loved her brother, and this part killed her. But how many other jobs could get you and your 19 year old college student brother a 3 bedroom house and 2 bath. A nice car for both of you that payed the bills and allowed for cushy spending money. That allowed you to travel to the stars?Where a lot of the Hawaiian legends took place. That Alerissa loved. The answer, no other job. So Alerissa bared with it.

After getting out, Alerissa remembered she got a text she never checked.

It was a text from Marco. Her heart started to beat faster.

'I loved the time we spent together. You're an amazing person. Would you want to have a date?'

Alerissa was already nodding even though she was well aware that he couldn't see her. Then, Cameron had to butt in.

"Look, I'm sorry A, you're allowed your privacy, and you love and take care of me so I trust you're making the right choice whatever you're doing, please forgive me for yelling and- why are you nodding you're head like that?" He said.

Alerissa's hair smacked her in the face as she turned around at lighting speed. "Oh yeah, ok, no reason, I forgive you bye," she said.

Cameron smiled. "Whatcha got there?" He said to the squrming Alerissa.

"NOTHING CAMERON  BYE,"

He quickly slinked over to her and plucked the phone out of her hands that where behind her back when she tried to block him from reading it. Cameron was on his colleges track team and sped to the kitchen, reading out the text in a mocking, sing song voice. Then, he stopped.

"Oh, a date. Ok. When am I going to meet him?"He asked handing the phone back over to a breathless Alerissa.

"Never if you keep acting like a crazy person, you jerk," she said.

Cameron raised his hands defensively. "Woah, ok sorry. Excuse me for wanting to know what my older sister is doing. Got it." He said.

Alerissa smiled. "Whatever. Try that again and I'll roast you like a pig. I'm going to the garden. You stay here in the house and lock up for the night."

Cameron smiled. "Ok, but id like to see you try," he said walking away to lock up.

Alerissa headed to the garden, it was her sanctuary, and she loved it.  Cameron knew not to bother her there.

Alerissa responded.
' I would love to. Saturday? 8?'

Marco texted back.
'Sounds perfect,'

Alerissa sighed. Breathing In the sweet smells of her garden. There were jasmine, roses, hibiscus, and plum trees everywhere. They were planted neatly, dashes and dollopes and swirls of pink, orange, red, white, and purple everywhere.

She headed back inside, looking into Cameron's room. He was already asleep, looking peaceful and calm instead of lively like he always did. His room was clean, except for the books and textbooks strewn everywhere. He loved to read, so some where his on the floor, some where his college textbooks, and some where books with titles like ' The baby whisperer,' and 'How to get toddlers to trust you,'. He wanted to open his own preschool.

After checking on him she went to her own room. She was more than happy to slip into her blue and black comforter. She turned on her phone to the sound of rain and drifted asleep.