Dedicated to Ktaqua04
Katie leapt out of justice's car and headed to work. She kissed him. She kissed a hot, sweet, smart, entrepreneurial man, who was also her one night stand. He has gorgeous, and sweet, but, was this it? She kissed him, and he returned the embrace. He took her to work. He gave her his number. Did he want to take her on a date? Did he want to be more? Because she wouldn't mind that. Work was steady and she had free time.

Then, Katie reached the entrance to NASA and headed as discreetly as she could to her division. She managed to get to her desk and finish up her lastest report before her boss came. As soon as she finished typing "....Its stable now, over and out, Agent Lovelace." Before her boss materialised at her desk.

"Agent Lovelace, and might I ask where you were?" Her boss questioned.

Katie cleared her throat and answered "Oh, just got caught in traffic sir,"

He looked at her pointedly, saying " And that took you this long?"

Katie smiled sweetly "Yes sir. I'm sorry and will work harder,"

Her boss walked away. Very fool-proof was her plan to get away with being late. She knew her boss wouldn't question it. Hours came and passed, and soon it was her lunch break.

Alerissa could not have approached her any faster, her black hair  w h i p p i n g  behind her. "Hey! I have news,"

Katie smiled. "Spill!"

Alerissa let it all out "I got a new assignment. To a star right out of our solar system. It's gonna blow soon. I can also bring a partner on this assignment and i was wondering if you'd be my plus one,"

Katie laughed, " you say plus one as if it was a party!" "But yes, I will come" she added.

She took a thoughtful sip of her cream soda and asked " if you accept, how will you explain this one to Cameron?"

Alerissa sighed. " I don't know,"

Katie put her hand on hers to comfort her. " Hey, it'll be ok. What happened after I left the club?"

Alerissa smiled again " I might've hit it off with the bartender?"

Katie hit her arm playfully " NO WAY!!"