3.

After katie finished up her lunch on her lunch break, it was time for her to get back to work. It was about 4 until she finished her latest report.

' in conclusion, cyntarion B will not supernova anytime soon, by me adding 300 tons of hydrogen for it to burn the next 100 billion years,'

She was proud of her report. It was true she worked at NASA, but not in any way you might think. Her work resembled that of an astronauts, but much, much more stressful.

You all learned about stars in middle and high school. The giants, and supergiants end in supernovas. What they don't tell you is that there are supergiants close to our solar system. Close enough that if they ever supernovaed, they'd die, and bring earth along with it. Bye Bye, world. So, NASA would send her, and her fellow scientists to the threatening star and send them with more hydrogen for it to burn so it wouldn't explode.

Then she would have to write detailed reports about it. Which admittedly was not her favorite part.

She loved takeoff, the rush of leaving earth, seeing the earth fall away, and watching the stars get larger and larger, until she landed on their almost diamond like surfaces. Searing heat, Temputures, her suit protecting her from thousands of degrees of heat the star was emitting.

This part of  NASA was very secret. The only way she even knew was that this existed was because her great great grandma founded it. She loved working here, and even admired how she wasn't favored over others because of her great great grandma. Even though she was amazing at her job anyway, she was still the 2nd best. The second best to Alerissa. Alerissa was amazing. At first she was upset she was always being beat, but then she realized she didn't have to hate her. They became friends, and Alerissa was more then happy to share her technique. She also was shy, and Katie was happy to show her  around, Houston was way different than hawaii. They've been best friends ever since.

She finished thinking about this in her mind and before she knew it, it was time for her to go home. She met up with Alerissa and they headed to the parking lot, talking amoungest themselves.

"So I heard you told they boss you we're on your period! Genuis! But I know you're not because you usually beg for pain pills," Alerissa said.

" you're right, I'm late. It's kind of scary, but how was your day?"
Katie said.

"Hmm, I got a new assignment today, but could this be about your steamy night with justice?"
She said.

Katie responded, " Which star? And no, we were careful,"

"I don't know yet, and ok, honey," she said.

Katie looked at her. "Well this is my car, I'm off,"

Alerissa smiled. "Ok, bye,"

Katie decided to pick up some chick-fil-a for dinner and headed home. She was relieved to pull up to her apartment. She settled down, and kicked off her heels and put down her purse. She grabbed her silk PJ's and plush slides and headed to the shower. After washing her hair, shaving, and exfoliating, she got out and dried off. She put a hydrating hair mask on her hair for her curls and put on a face mask after making sure her makeup was all off.

Then she padded to her kitchen, making decaf coffee with loads of creamer. She went to her couch and pulled out her phone, watching t.v. while she scrolled on various social media's.

After a little while, she washed off her hair mask and her face mask. She was all ready to get into bed until her phone buzzed. She was sure it was Alerissa with a good night text until she read the id.

'Justice 💋'

Katie started worrying at her lip with her teeth. Had she accidentally left something at his place?

Slowly, she unlocked her phone.

He had texted her : 'hey, your an amazing woman. Id love to get to know you more over dinner?'

She was confused. He wanted a date? This had never happened before. Justice was quite the gentleman.

She texted back.

'Like a date?'

Justice answered very fast.

' I would love a date. Friday night at my place? 7?'

Katie worried at her lip some more. Why not?

'Yeah, I'll be there,' she texted.

She wondred if she made the right choice as she slipped into bed.

That night she had a dream. She had a dream she was in a castle corridor, wearing a green ball dress. She couldn't see anything but a door, buttery light spilling out from under it. She had no other choice but to turn the handle, walking into the room. She had wondred into a ballroom. Everyone had partners, dancing, women's dresses swishing around her, men's masquerade masks, their shoes clicking on the marble floor.

She moved as they kept dancing, oblivious to her presence, until she had made her way to the middle, where no one seemed to be dancing. Now she could look around the ballroom. It was beautiful, pillars and gold detailing everywhere. There was a balcony, and a man was standing on it. He seemed to be looking straight at her. Then, he moved down until he was standing right in front of her. He leaned down, lips brushing her ear.

'Care to dance?' He said.

Katie blushed. Then she nodded. He started leading her into a dance, one she suspiciously knew all the steps too, her hair and dress swishing. Then the dance ended, Katie a little breathless.

'You're a wonderful dancer, madam,' he said. Then Katie woke  up, the soft music still playing in the back of her head.

She didn't know that justice had the same dream, only he was the man dancing with the woman in the green ballgown asking her to dance.

These two were firmly connected now, love and a little magic having them meet in a shared dream.