"You'll be surprised by how many teen mothers gave birth at the clinic." Hmm. The main point here is education, youth and medical attention huh.

"If I recall correctly, the owner of the youth center will also build a place where free food will be served to the homeless and destitute. Since it's almost the holiday season, he wants to do it before the seasons starts." Like a soup kitchen huh?

That's interesting also.

"Maybe I should meet with the owner of the youth center. Do you have his contact number?" The head maid gave me her widest smile ever.

"Yes, I do! Oh, Miss Eloise, this would mean so much for those who will get the benefit of this." She went to get the owners number and gave it to me.

After finishing my food, the Heidi took my empty plate away and gave me a cup of tea.

"It's almost the holiday season huh. It always amazed me how time flies by." I took a sip of my tea.

"Maybe because you only spent your time inside the office, working. But, this year it will be different since we have a new lady to care for." Claudette huh?

"Eloise, are you serious with her? Why the rash decision?" Whenever she called me by my name, it always gets this serious with her.

"Well, to be honest, I am using her to get what I want. Besides, I'm sure that if she lives alone or with her family, she won't be able to coop up and I don't want her daughter to be neglected like I was. Well, it's different when it comes to me because my parents abandoned me."

"Speaking of that, are you sure you don't want to find their real identity? Because if I am you, I'll do it. You know, just to feed the curiosity that I have." I'll be lying if I said I don't have that curiosity.

"I do wish to meet them. I want to show them that the child they abandoned is now a business mogul. But, I don't think I can handle the fact that they abandoned me. I went through so much to just ignore the fact they left me alone."

Growing up in many orphanages, went through so much just to get by, how could I be so forgiving?! The number of times I have to face the music, the torture, the pain, I just had enough. I'm sure if I ever meet them, I'll be sure to punch them in the face despite if they're old.

"But, if they didn't do what they did, you won't be taken by the Clemonte family. You wouldn't even meet your friends now, right?" She has a point there.

"Well, you should sleep. I'm sure you have a lot of work to do tomorrow." She took my empty cup and went to the sink. I wished her goodnight before I went to my bedroom.

When I walked passed Claudette's room, I noticed the lights are off. She's probably asleep and so does her daughter. I smiled.

At least, when I come home, Jonathan wouldn't be the only one anymore. I probably get to hear Herminia's crying voice echoing throughout the house.

***

"Baba .... ba ba ba ba.."

Huh? Ba ba?

"Shhh. Mama Eloise is sleeping!" That's Jonathan but who he's talking to?

When I finally open my eyes, I was surprised to see Claudette's daughter sitting on my chest. I turned my head to the left side when I heard someone rummaging my stuff and I noticed Jonathan trying to find something on my nightstand.

"Jonathan, what are you doing?" He was startled when he heard me.

"And you, how did you enter my room?" I poke Nia's cheek and that made her laughed.