19 | Sister Lia

ELOISE'S POV

It's almost 6 am when I looked up at the wall clock in my bedroom. I finally decided to finish up the work I've been working on and stretch myself from the exhaustion staying up all night again.

As I was leaning into the sofa, I heard Claudette, who's in bed, gagging for some reason. When I opened my eyes, she was running to the bathroom, passing me and I heard she's vomiting. I immediately got up and went to see her in the bathroom.

She was standing in front of the sink, cleaning her mouth before looking at me through the mirror.

"Oh no ..." She said before facing me.

"What?" I asked, concerned  before she walks to me. Something tells me that she's going to say something I probably wouldn't know how to respond to.

"I was having my doubts when my period was late but this ... this is not how I imagine myself going through again." Late period? Oh no indeed.

"Are you pregnant? With that bastard child? Again?" I sounded rude.

"I ... I'm not sure. I need to be sure. But, the symptoms, it matches when I had Herminia. Eloise, what should I do if it's positive? I finally manage to get myself away from him but what happens now?" Hmm.. good question.

"I'll call Luna's doctor for you. She's the best in town and I'm sure she will be a great doctor for you. Whatever the result says, we're keeping it. This is my child ... not his. You're mine, remember." What the hell am I saying?!

Did I just agree to take responsibility?

Claudette blushed before she throws up on my shirt. She apologized but I should just get used to this. I can always buy another expensive shirt.

"I'll wash that, okay? I feel bad." I smiled before taking it off.

"It's fine." I patted her back when she looked at me through the mirror as she wipes her mouth with the sink water. I placed my dirty shirt in the laundry basket. Maybe I should just take a bath.

I pulled down my shorts before I heard gasps coming from Claudette. When I turned around, she was covering her eyes with her hands.

"What's wrong? It's just me, naked."

"That's exactly why I covered my eyes. What are you thinking letting me seeing your bare skin like that." I chuckled before entering the showers and close the door.

"I'm inside now. You don't have to cover your eyes." I turned the shower faucet and wash my body.

To be honest, how am I suppose to act in front of her now that she's showing signs of having that bastard baby?

I was really hoping that his seed didn't enter her womb after what he did. I mean, it's almost ... 4 months after it happened. 4 months ... dang it.

Does he have every right to know about the baby if she's really having it? It is his but, they're legally divorced. I sigh while standing under the shower head and think about the situation I'm in.

When I'm done, I grabbed the fresh towels from the shelf and went through the door towards the closet. After getting dress and putting on some perfume on my body, I went out just to see Nia sitting on my bed alone while Claudette's in the shower.

I sat on the bed and poking on Nia's cheek since she likes it.

"So Nia ... you're going to be a big sister ... if it's turn out positive." I sighed heavily.

Why do I feel so helpless ... and jealous? Why? I don't even get it. Is it because the person I love having her ex's baby? Am I feeling jealous because of that or is it because it's not my baby she's carrying?