12 | New Tenants

ELOISE'S POV

"Welcome home, Lady Eloise." My head maid, Heidi greeted me when I came home.

"Why aren't you asleep? I'm sure Jonathan looking for you." She smiled.

"He can handle it for one night. He's a big boy." I handed her my briefcase and coat.

"Did Claudette came today? I hope she's not too uncomfortable staying here." Heidi smiled again.

"I think she was uncomfortable at first but we had a long talk and now she's inside her room with her daughter." They had a long talk?

"Do you want to have something to eat? I made your favorite, beef stew." I stopped dead on my track and face her.

"Yes, yes I do. But first, I want clean myself up. I've been in a room with old bastard the whole day." The head maid chuckled as I went to my bedroom.

I noticed one of the doors was slightly opened and when I walked passed it, I heard a melodious voice singing a lullaby. I caught a glimpse of Claudette carrying her daughter, trying to make her go to sleep in her chest.

I felt a tugged in my heart as I witnessed something I never saw before. A love between a mother and her daughter. It's beautiful.

I took a step back and continue to walk towards my room. After taking a shower and put on my night clothes, I went back to the kitchen and eat the food that Heidi prepared for me.

It's almost 1 am but ...

"Do you think there's a class for a male ballerina?" Huh?

"Yes. Why?"

"Jonathan was watching swan lake earlier and now he wants to try it." Heidi sighed.

"Oh really? I have a friend who teach ballet for kids. I can give her a call." I smiled at the Heidi as I offered my help.

"I think I'll just ask the youth center about that. I don't think I can afford to pay your friend." That reminds me.

"The youth center. Did you mention something about a fundraiser? For what and how much are they aiming?" Heidi seem glad that I remembered her request.

"They need to rebuild the gym and the game room for the kids to enjoy their free time. Since most of the family from that area can't even afford to put food on their dining table, most of the youngster can't afford to go to  school as well." No school?

"That's why they wanted to build some place for the youth to focus on their education rather than associating themselves with people who could destroy their future. As you may know, the crime rate at that part of the city is getting dangerously high these past few years." Interesting.

"The fundraiser also included the seminars for illegal drug using, teen pregnancy, and free medical check-up as well. Since the youth center and the free clinic are near each other they want to join forces." Free clinic?

"Tell me about the free clinic," I asked while eating my food.

"The free clinic provides free medical needs for those people who can't afford to go to the local hospital. They often ran out of medicine and they need professional help in the clinic. The free clinic is where I gave birth to Jonathan." I looked up to the head maid.

"For real?" She nodded.

Come to think of it, I did come across Heidi and Jonathan who was only few months old on the streets when they lost the mortgage. Her husband may be serving the country but the debt he's in was devastated. I just couldn't bare it when Jonathan only has his mother's breast milk to survive.