ONE: DR S'YAN UDAKU

First rule about escaping?

Never, ever get distracted.

I learnt this the hard way when I tried to make my big escape and I had stumbled upon Riley Carmack in the cell opposite mine. No sooner had she uttered the name of the organization that had apparently taken us, then three more guards had burst into the cell from behind me. Catching me by surprise, I hadn't had the time to turn around and raise the gun in my hands up to shoot at the men. Rather I felt something sharp pierce the skin at my neck while something hard knocked me on the back of my head once more. I hadn't lasted another five seconds before I had then fallen to the ground with black spots appearing in my vision, the last thing that I saw being Riley shooting me an apologetic frown across from me before I gave into oblivion completely.

Now I found myself blinking my eyes open to find that I wasn't laying across the bed in my cell like I had been when I had first woken up, but rather a room filled with dozens of beds covered with white sheets. A room that besides me, was completely empty.

Raising my head off the somewhat soft pillow beneath my head, I turn my head from side to side to get a bearing off my surroundings. After glancing at the numerous beds all placed precisely in two lines, and the bedside tables covered with some medical equipment, I gather that I was in some sort of infirmary. Hope flared within me at the realization, as my first thought is that Coulson and his team had managed to find me and had bought me back home and that I was in one of the many S.H.I.E.L.D bases that had an infirmary in them. I found however that this wasn't the case when I tried to pull myself off the bed only to find that I couldn't.

The reason?

My wrists were trapped in shiny, metal handcuffs with the other half of them being clasped around the two legs of the bed beside my head.

Damn.

Within moments I am trying to wrench the handcuffs away from the bed leg, hoping that the movement would eventually break the metal chains. Part of me knew deep down however that this wasn't likely to happen as the metal of the handcuffs was too far strong, yet I found myself trying anyway. I soon find myself giving up however as pain flares up around my wrists from where the metal had been pressed into my skin at my movements, sinking back down to the bed as I do so. "You have got to be kidding me," I mutter darkly to no one in particular, jerking the handcuffs once more in anger.

"Well what were you expecting?" Comes an amused voice from somewhere else in the room. When I lift my head up at the sound of the voice, I am met with the sight of a tall, middle-aged man wearing a white coat. His ebony skin was smooth, with laugh lines surrounding his mouth and eyes. They were chocolate brown and twinkled with amusement as he stared back at me, his hands clasped behind his back. "You did attack two guards and managed to escape your cell," He adds, his voice rich and authoritative, yet with a hint of kindness underlying it. I could also distinctively make out some form of accent whenever her spoke, though what exactly it was I didn't know.

His words have me scowling however. "Well what were they expecting? They kidnaped me." When he chuckles at this, my eyes narrow to angry slits as he starts to slowly approach the bed, his white coat trailing slightly behind him. "You think that's funny?"

He shakes his head, though he lets out one last chuckle of amusement much to my annoyance. "No, not at all. I find you quite amusing actually."

"Me?"

"Yes you. It's been quite some time since they bought in one like you," He explains as he comes to a stop at the foot of my bed, his hands still clasped behind his back. When he sees the angry glare that I was sending his way, he only tsks me. "Oh c'mon girl, stop that glaring. Didn't your mother always warn you about the wind changing? That your face would stay the same way forever?"