22

song for chapter: stoned on you by jaymes young
{ nothing else matters like you }

JANUARY
[ ALLISON'S POV ]

I put down my keys onto the counter while slipping off my shoes feeling an instant relief in my feet.

I walked over to the couch, falling down onto it and letting it consume my body.

Who would have known writing a book could be this stressful?

My hand reached for my phone that was snuggled inside my back pocket.

My finger tapped on the screen seeing it was already two in the morning. He's probably already asleep. It's twelve in the morning back in California.

I clicked onto Ethan's contact; might as well give it a try.

I put the phone to my ear as it rang a few times.

"Hello?" His raspy voice caused my body to sit up on the couch.

"Hey!" I smiled to myself not expecting him to pick up the phone.

"What do you want, loser?" He chuckled lightly through the phone making my entire heart go weak to the core.

"I got home really late, but I've missed you." I spoke while standing up from the couch and pacing back and forth through the living room.

"What did you say?" He asked. I guess he didn't hear what I said.

"I miss you." I repeated the important part.

It went quiet for a second, then he let out a loud sigh through the phone, "fuck that was so satisfying to hear."

There goes my heart beating at a million miles per second again.

"I miss you, I miss you, I miss you." I repeated to please him. I blushed deeply to myself.

"What the fuck, you're so cute." Again, he chuckled lightly.

"Says you." I rolled my eyes even though he couldn't see me.

"Hold on, I'm gonna face time you." He hung up the phone quickly.

Only seconds later did I get a call.

Incoming FaceTime call from 'bby e'

I swiped to answer it.

His face appeared on the screen with a huge smile and his defined cheekbones showing through his skin.

"Hiiii." He dragged out.

"Hi, E." I blushed as my eyes gazed at him through the screen taking in every second that I got to look at him. "How's it been back in Cali?"

He shrugged as he rolled to the opposite side of his bed, "it's been pretty flat. I met a couple of new people though."

"Uh oh, I smell replacement!" I grinned at the screen jokingly.

"Oh stop. No one could replace you." He rolled his eyes at my nonsense. "It's Jalen and Kelsey. Grayson met them in his class and they both model so he introduced me to them. I've already done a couple shoot with them."

My heart fluttered at how much he was into this conversation. It's good to hear he's making new friends.

"That's amazing Ethan!" I exclaimed.

"They are both such good people too. Kelsey is like Taylor in a way, just by how laid back she is. Jalen reminds me of Jeff in a way. He's so humble." He went on.

"Another Taylor? You have to introduce me when I get back!" I was excited by this. Taylor is already my best friend, so another one of her sounds great.