Mistakes

I was new to the school and many of the girls laughed at me. It was a cloudy Friday afternoon when I arrived at my new college.  I was wearing my bright blonde hair with my natural roots devouring the dye in a high pony tail with my bangs going diagonally across my forehead landing on my left side but never going in front of my eyes. I wore mascara and eyeliner I wasn’t a big fan of make up to be honest. I was wearing my older cousin’s white sweatshirt with an eagle flying across it, some blue ankle pants and white converse. I didn’t spend too much on my appearance.

“Um I’m new- I’m here- I’m new here.” I stuttered. I’m a shy person.

“Oh are you Samantha?” The lady at the front desk asked smacking her gum. I nodded.

“Head down that hallway, third door on the left.’ She smiled weakly. I told her thanks before heading down. A guy with tattoos and blonde hair came storming out of the principal’s office bumping into me.

“Sorry.” I said automatically.

“Whatever.” He growled.

“Hello?” I knocked on the door lightly.

“Come in.” He said in a voice so deep I found intimidating.

I took a seat in the blue chair straight across from his desk.

“Name?” He asked.

“Samantha. Samantha Causey.” I said and he looked up from his laptop.

“Oh I was ready to fill in a report saying you were in trouble. “ He laughed and I chuckled a little.

“So here is your dorm room, schedule, map of the campus, rule book, and etcetera, um and your dorm mate is actually a guy, sorry about that. We trust you though being highly intelligent in all. Um what else? Oh yes and if anyone bugs you about your age or anything just let me know alright?” He breathed.

“Alright I’ll make sure to do that.” I smiled.  I walked out of the office rolling my single suit case with my bag slumped over my shoulders. I put everything except the campus map into my bag and began the searched for my dorm. When I opened the door, sure enough my dorm mate was in there. His hair was eye blinding blonde with black in the middle it was in a messy emo style. He was slipping on a white shirt. He had stormy ocean blue pants on with a pair of white grey toed socks on.

“Sorry didn’t think you’d be here so early.” He apologized.

“It’s alright.” I shrugged. I threw my bag on the untaken bed and pulled my green suitcase, with a dinosaur onto the bed. I tugged on the white zipper to open and to my luck it was one of the few times it obeyed. I didn’t want to look like a fool in front of the person who I may or may not be living with for the next four years.

“You’re not like the other girls are you?” He asked suddenly.