SACRED BODY

"YOU NEVER LET ME KISS YOU, I never understand your problem, Nandini. Look, look at that couple they are all over each other. Forget about kiss, you never let me held your hand in public. Never meet me in parks or other couple places", Siddharth states, when Nandini pushed him a little, when he was leaning to kiss her.

Nandini maybe a a girl from 21st century, modern days, but she was just like our mothers and garndmothers, back-dated.

She used to go to college wearing salwar-kamiz with dupatta. After being bullied for her hag like clothes she never bothered to change it, cause it was her way to express herself. She was not a girl of wearing shorts or micro minis. And the added bonus was her family's restrictions.

"But tomorrow is my birthday and I want you to come to my house ti celebrate it. I'll introduce you to my parents, they're great", Siddharth states, hoping she will not budge this time like others.

"I'll try Sid, you know my papa. But I'll try as much as I can", Nandini replied meekly.

"I'm glad, thanks a lot babe.", Sid said.

Silence covered them. On one side Nandini was thinking how to convince her father, and on the other hand Siddharth was really blaming the god to give him this kind of introvert girl. 'At least she's untouched', he thought.

"Okay bye, I better go my lunch time is almost over", Siddharth rushed to his office leaving Nandini to go to her house alone.

************************************

"Papa, I've to go to Rita's house after college tomorrow for an assignment", Nandini told her father fearfully.

"Okay, but come home by 8 and take a taxi right after leading her house", Mr. Sen, Nandini's father ordered.

She was so happy that she immediately called Sid to tell him that.

With a happy smile she went to bed.

************************************

Next day she wore her mother's pink shifon saree, which was Siddharth's favorite.

After college she waited for some time for Sid to pick her up.

In the party she met his parents who were very fond of her at the first sight, his co-workers, who respected her as sister-in-law.

When it was almost 7:30 pm she went to Siddharth and told him that she need to leave.

Sid himself took her to the main road and got her a taxi.

After 5 or 7 minutes the taxi driver stopped the car in a deserted place saying the tire is broken.

And some street dog took the advantage and dragged Nandini out of the car and did all the inhuman things, for the rest of the night in the middle of the road, a girl can ever imagine. All she remembered was the dirty faces of those so called humans, their tortures and people passing her without looking at her or taking a photo to upload in some social media site.

************************************

After police found her misplaced, raped body in the middle of the road, the next morning, they took her to some hospital and informed her family.

She was treated but not healed.

Siddharth never answered her calls or texts after that incident was published in the newspaper.

After a week or so he called her back and said in a monotone, "My parents and I saw the report Nandini. I don't think I can continue this relationship. They don't want a rape victim as their daughter-in-law. Bye."