Chapter Thirty Six- Rough Love

Start from the beginning

"Would you like some breakfast Harry? We were just having fruit and yogurt but there's other things if you like" my Mom asks him as they both enter the kitchen.

"I'm good thank you" He says as my Mom sits down at the table and Harry stands leaning on the counter opposite me. My Mom starts talking to Harry about the barbecue and thanks him for us help cleaning up till late. I didn't know he stayed around? My eyes catch Harry's and I just feel this sinking feeling in my chest giving me a weird feeling in my stomach also. His eyes flicker from me to the door a few times and I get the hint but think about it for a second. Did I really want to talk about this now?

"I'll walk you out" I say to Harry before Harry answers another one of my Mom questions. My Mom shoots me a glare clearly thinking that I'm being rude.

"Amy-" My Mother scolds me and I roll my eyes.

"No it's fine-" Harry tries to insist but my Mom cuts him off.

"Actually Harry we were just going to go to the mall for dinner and to look around, do you want to come? I'm sure we won't be long" My Mom asks him as she moves around the kitchen to put her plates away.

"I don't think h-" I try to say.

"Yeah I'll come if you don't mind" he says and my eyes widen. My Mom smiles at me and I roll my eyes. This is just great.

"Okay great, let me just grab my bag and we can go" My Mom says and she call us from the hallway to say she is ready within seconds. I roll my eyes grab my bag from the hallway and follow her out the door. We get into my Mom's car which was her pride and joy whilst I got in the front and Harry got in his own car that was parked at the end of the drive after he said he would follow us on.

"Why would you invite him? I thought this was supposed to be a girls day?" I sigh as my Mom turns on the radio and sets off from the drive.

"He likes you doesn't he?" She says with a small smile playing on her lips. My eyes widen and I can't help but feel my cheeks heat up a little bit.

"What are you talking about?" I roll my eyes and she laughs lightly.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about. I thought that there was something going on the other day at the barbecue but this has just confirmed it. So tell me, why do you not seem so thrilled to see him?" She asks and I sigh. How does she knows shit like this?

"It's not- we're not- he doesn't like me" I lie and she rolls her eyes.

"Well he looks at you like he likes you" She says and I frown.

"Mom-"

"Amy I'm not stupid you know? I may be old but I'm not stupid. I've known that boy for 12 years and I know you like the back of my hand. Do you honestly think for a second I wouldn't be able to tell when you both liked someone? Never mind liked each other- have to admit I never saw that coming though" she laughs lightly and I roll my eyes. I forget she knows Harry so we'll. Harry moved here 12 years ago, he's now 21 and that whole time he's been best friends with my brother. Harry practically lived at our house that whole time before uni. My Mom was like his second Mom and he was part of the family. I always forget that I'm younger than most of my friends. Jades 20 and I'm 19 but she nearly 21 so it's odd. Klaus is 21 and so is Harry.
"Harry is a lovely boy and I don't know what's gone on to cause his weird tension I can feel between you both but at least he's trying. I know he's not here for any other reason and that should mean a lot to you-"

"You don't get it- I can't just forgive him-"

"Ah ha! So you admit it? There is something going on?" She laughs and I frown. Did she just catch me out?