[22] Who is Jayda Ford?

AN: Shhhh! 🙊Don't tell anyone I updated.

:

[22] Who is Jayda Ford?

"Is there something you have to tell me?" Corey asked again.

Raye sighed. She didn't want him to find out like this. "Yes but can we wait until we get home?

"You heard Autumn, we can't go home."

She nodded her head in agreement and provided directions to Liam and Reagan's apartment. "I promise to tell everything when we get there.

He didn't feel like waiting. "Stop stalling Raye. Is it true?" he asked trying to be dicrete.

Raye looked towards the driver who looked preoccupied. She nodded her head indicating yes.

Corey cursed under his breath and focused on the streets they were speeding past.

She took a deep breath to stop the tears that were threatning to appear. "Are you angry at me?" Raye whispered.

Was he? Not really. His emotions were related more towards disappointment. "No."

They remained quiet the rest of the way to the apartment. Corey was lost in his thoughts. He was hoping that Sebastian was just a thing in the past and that Raye only wanted to be with him. He was hurt.

Once they arrived to the apartment, Liam opened the door in let them in.Reagan was in the living room watching television. Corey's past women and her kiss with Sebastian was the center of attention. Raye groaned when she saw the video recording of Sebastian climbing into the car with her and then leaving a couple of minutes later with red lipstick on his lips.

"That doesn't prove anything," Liam commented. "I think it's complete bullshit. Right Raye?"

All eyes were on her. She didn't like having so much negative attention. "It's not, the kiss happened," she answered honestly.

Liam was confused. He looked between Raye and Corey. "So are you going back to Sebastian? I thought you and Corey were trying to make it work."

"Liam!" Reagan chastised. "That's not any of our -"

"Its fine Reagan," Raye interrupted. She understood Liam's feeling on the situation. "I didn't initiate the kiss but it still happened and I understand that Corey is your best friend but I need to answer that question for him, not you."

"I agree," Reagan stated while throwing a stink eye towards Liam. "You can use the spare room to talk."

Corey who was being quiet during the whole exchange followed Raye to the room. He sat on the bed beside her and they face the wall not looking at one another. She took a deep breath. "I wanted to tell you about Sebastian being at the charity event the night it happened but you came home so excited and I didn't want to ruin your mood."

"You could've said something the next day."

"I know."

"I'm not angry but I'm disappointed. I feel a little let down. I thought we were developing something real. Do you want go back to him and we can go back to pretending for the media?" he asked finally turning to stare at her.

"No. This is where I want to be."

"But you still have feelings for him," Corey concluded. "Because that kiss wouldn't have happened if you didn't. I know he was a big part of your life so I didn't expect for you to fall out of love with him so quickly."

"I love you too," she finally admitted. Over the past few weeks he would tell her how much he loved her but Raye would never reciprocate the words.

"I believe that but you need to figure out who you're in love with. I can't change my past and all the women it involved but know that it's only been you since before Vegas. Since I kissed you in this apartment my eyes have only been set on you."

There was a knock on the door before Raye could respond. Autumn walked into the room a second later. She eyed them on the bed. "We have to do some damage control."

:

The amended plan was for Raye to deny the kiss that happened between her and Sebastian. She didn't like to lie but she agreed. In regards to Corey's past coming out to haunt him, Autumn made him make a public statement which Corey had no problem doing. He simply told the truth. He explained that he was single when he had the meaningless relationships with the women. That now that he was a married man, he only wanted and loved his wife.

Raye and Corey spent more time in the public eye. Over the next week, they attended every social event in Orlando. Raye went to every basketball game to support Corey and when they were together, PDA was to the max. Quickly pictures spread of the couple kissing and holding hands while at the park or walking through the millennium mall shopping. With the magic of Autumn, the media took a step back and focused their attention on the next scandal happening in Hollywood.

Raye and Corey seemed to fall off track though. Their relationship was starting to feel forced again and they didn't have much privacy since staying with Liam and Reagan for a week. Raye decided that it was time for them to go back to their own apartment. She got to Liam and Reagan's around 6pm and was surprised to see Autumn open the door for her.

"Hey, what's going on? I thought we had cleared everything up?" she simply asked. The only time Autumn camne around was when a crisis happened.

Autumn sighed. "I thought so too."

Okay...something wasn't right. It was written across her face. "Is it about the kiss? With Sebastian denying it I don't the media is believing it."

"No its not about the kiss. It's about Corey and a girl from his past."

"Well it's his past. I don't care what any of those women have to say. We weren't together."

That put Autumn at ease. "Good. So the interview with Jayda Ford won't affect you."

"Who's Jayda Ford?"

Raye walked into the living room where, Liam and Reagan were located on the couch. Corey was pacing the room. All of their eyes were glued to the screen. "Why are you watching Heather Croswell show?" Everyone knew how much Raye disliked the woman.

"Because this show is dedicated to you," Autumn answered.

WTF? "Why would she do that?" Raye watched as Heather stared into the camera with a bright smile on her face. Raye sat next to Reagan and listened.

"Everyone please welcome Jayda Ford!" Heather exclaimed. The audience stood and clapped as the woman made her way to the stage.

Raye faintly recognized the mahogany toned beauty. "Who is she?" she pondered. No one would answer. Corey walked over to Raye and grabbed her hand to draw her attention.

"Raye Raye," he gently said.

"Who is she Corey?"

The answer was provided by Heather. "I want everyone to meet Jayda. Jayda please explain to the audience and viewers at home who you are."

She gave everyone a beauty queen smile. "I'm the woman Corey cheated on his wife with."

It all came back to Raye.

Corey's dorm room.

Walking in on him and Jayda.

"Oh my God."