[1] Questions

[1] Questions

"5 minutes Raye."

I nodded my head to confirm that I heard what was said and continued to rub my sweaty palms on the towel provided to me. There was no way to hide how nervous I was. The cause of my nervousness was the 200 people sitting in the audience of the Heather Croswell show waiting for me to come out to be interviewed.

"Why did I agree to do this?" I whispered out loud. I hated doing interviews and I hated speaking in front of a live crowd. Maybe I can make a run for it and then apologize later. I was seriously considering it when I felt arms wrap around my waist and warm lips press against my cheek.

"You agreed to this because you want to promote your charity love," Sebastian whispered softly into my ear. No matter how chaotic the situation was, he could always bring peach and solace into my world. He was my stress reliever. I turned into his arms and buried my head into his chest. I'm sure that I was messing up my makeup but I didn't care. I just wanted to feel his comfort. I could feel so many eyes watching us but it was something I've grown accustomed to. Whenever we were out in the public people liked to stare. It was one of the reasons why I rarely went out.

"I'm nervous Bas. I'm so horrible at interviews," I admitted.

"You're not horrible at them. I've seen you speak plenty of times love," Sebastian stated. He rubbed my back gently in a soothing motion. With each stroke I felt the stress evaporate. "I'm going to be sitting right in the crowd. Just look at me and pretend that we're talking at home about nonsense. Believe me it'll only last a few minutes and then we'll go home. We can put on our pajamas and snuggle on the couch."

That sounded good to me. "Okay."

Sebastian stepped away from me and the makeup artist rearranged my face. I stuck my tongue at him when I was finished.

"We're ready for you Raye." The producer announced.

I took a deep breath and walked onto the stage and greeted the host and waved to the crowd. I could never get use to the idea that people wanted to see me and hear what I had to say. I felt like a normal person but to others I was some type of a idol. I sat down and took a deep breath to calm my nerves. Sebastian was in the front row and sent a wink my way. I was so grateful for that man.

"Raye I'm so happy to have you here with us today," Heather excitedly said. She was a known talk show host in LA. She was the type of woman that used plastic surgery to keep herself young. My eyes went straight to her plump lips.

"Thank you for having me." I looked into the crowd and waved again and then focused my attention on Heather again. She was observing my attire.

"You look absolutely gorgeous. Who are you wearing?"

I looked down at my black dress and tried to recall the name. The dress was borrowed and designers hated when you forgot or mispronounced their names. "It's dolce and gabbana but I don't take any credit for my wardrobe, I have an amazing stylist."

"Well you always look fabulous!" Heather then turned to the crowd. "Raye is here today to speak to us about her organization RW foundation which focuses on eating disorders with young teens and adults. Tell us about it Raye."

"I've always been open about my past with my own eating disorder. I suffered from bulimia and anorexia as a young girl and I felt like no one else understood. My mother and my two sisters are beautiful women and I grew up in Miami where vanity in your appearance is very important." I paused to gather all of my thoughts. For a second I was 14 again in Miami. I shook my head to get rid of the memories. "I couldn't really relate to anyone. I was very blessed that my family could afford therapy for me but so many families are less fortunate. The RW foundation provides free counseling and therapy to families and if we go into the home and realize that there's other issues present we provide a referral for that service. Right now we're only working in California but we're hoping to branch out soon," I stated explaining.