I walked out through the door only to find the car driving off.

"Isn't Bonnie and Tyler... or... Klaus with you? Did something go wrong?" My voice showed both excitement and worry.

"We dropped Bonnie off in Mystic Falls and everything went well." Stefan explained.

"The transformation was amazing to watch." Elena said. "The body was badly burned in the chest." She said with a shudder. "But with my blood it healed up quite good."

"Your blood; does that even work now that you're a vampire?" I was stunned.

Elena chuckled a bit. "No, but he still had the blood bags at his house, from when he last tapped me." She said with an eye-roll.

Wow! I had no words.

"He even apologized for what evil he has done to me."

If I hadn't already seen him change during his Tyler-time, my mouth would have fallen open.

"It's good to have you back." I said and hugged them and we walked into the house.

Everybody greeted them, except Caroline who was absent.

Elena and Stefan seemed to have found their way back to each other again. When Damon and I had our rough time, at New Year and around then, Elena had been by my side, supporting me against Damon.

When we got back after the attack in New York, we had been really close even if he was feeling bad about the 'love-bite'. I got the feeling she didn't like that. Subtle things like looks or comments made me question if there was something going on between them that I knew nothing about. Damon had been sweeter than ever, though and gave me no indications what so ever.

"Greetings fair princess!" Damon said as he entered the kitchen were Elena, Caroline and I had breakfast. He wrapped his arms around me and lifted me up in his arms.

"Damon!" I yelped and giggled.

"Come on, I'll take you to my castle, black beauty." He said and carried me out of the kitchen.

"But I hadn't finished my breakfast!" I giggled. "Let me wash up."

"Elena will fix that!" He just said without a glance at her, I however saw her face and it was not caring and supportive; it had jealousy written all over it.

Why on earth would she be jealous?

I shrugged it off and wrapped my arms around his neck with a smile. I loved the way he always seemed to sweep me off my feet and I wondered if it would change. I would change; he wouldn't.

"Will you still love me when I'm old and grey?" I asked in a pang of reality.

"Oh, I have exchanged you for two younger models long before you get gray!" he said in a cocky way and with a smirk on his face.

"Deflecting much?"

He chuckled. "Okay, I'll change you then!" he said in a pretended resignation and started kissing me along the neck, making me giggle like crazy.

We got into our room and bounced down on the bed where we wrapped arms and legs around each other.

"Why haven't you exchanged me; I'm way older than you." He smirked at me, but with a hint of pain.

A smile formed on my face. "Yeah, but you are so hot!" I said zestfully while chuckling darkly.

"Yes, I am." He said cocky and kissed me. "But so are you, princess." He slid a finger from my neck, down to my cleavage making me shiver and gasp. "Why won't you believe me?"