Chapter 2

"Arm-in Ar-lurt." the hidden voice shouts out. Pronouncing Armin's name wrong.

"Mik-assa Ackur-man." Mikasa stands up and Armin follows her to some silver doors at the other side of the room.

"Eren Jagger." The voice shouts, I look up and see four speakers at the top of the room. Whoever was behind the speakers, was saying everyones' name wrong.

I follow my friends to the silver doors and stand there quietly.

The speaker shouts two more names, Thomas and Samuel. Two boys from Amity get up and walk towards the silver doors. there both chatting like it's no big deal. Even thought the aptitude test is one.

Eight other names are called out then the speaker finally announces.

"You may now enter the testing rooms labeled with your name."

The silver doors open with a swoosh, and all thirteen of us walk towards black with out names electronically plastered above them.

I walk inside, and next to me, another boy walks inside. I look to him and he turns to face me at the same time. At that moment I realize it's a mirror.

I stare at myself in awe, poking my cheek and nose and seeing how they move.

"Ahem" I hear a cough, I spin around to see a Dauntless boy glaring at me.

He has black hair that goes down to his eyebrows, but parts slightly in the middle. His face was straight and showing no emotion, other than being annoyed at everything. He has three piercings in his eyebrow, two in his lower lip so it looks like fangs. He also has a burn mark on his right ear.

I gulp down a scream of fear I didn't know I had and walk over to him. I sit myself down on a brown leather chair that is placed next to him. He looks at me glaring, and holds a needle filled with green liquid next to his face.

"Being a bad-boy and looking at the mirror?" He said.

"I-uh, don't get to look at myself often," I say intimidated by the needle he now had resting on my neck "it's against abnegation to loo-"

"I've heard that to much brat." he said interrupting me.

I shift in my seat awkwardly, he looks into my eyes, I feel them boring into my skull and slowly boiling my brain. I begin to sweat in anxiety, then the dauntless guy looks away.

"My name is Levi, this is a simulation serum, you will feel pain inside the simulation, but you won't die... good luck." Levi says before shoving the needle into my neck and shooting the serum into my system. I close my eyes in pain, after about 5 seconds I open my eyes again. Everything is the same, except Levi is gone.

I hear a screaming coming from outside of the room, I rush to the door to see the cause of the screaming. I pull the door open with a couple of tugs. Outside, the door is an old styled city. I see in the distance a wall, that looks just a bit smaller than the building I am in at the moment. I look up and correct myself. The building I was in a moment ago. The whole skyscraper had just vanished into nothing, and I was outside.

I hear multiple screams of pain and fear again and run towards the cause. I arrive at what seems to be a town square, and in the middle of it was a giant, about seven meters tall. The giant was naked, but had nothing to hide and no reason for clothes. It was bald and had a huge mouth, that was smiling, in an insane way.

I see a woman run through the town square screaming and clutching something to her chest, probably a baby. The giant bends down and picks the lady up in his hand, clutching her by the waist.

"No-o-o please no." The woman sobbed out, whilst trying as hard as she could to writhe free of the giants hand. Her screams are mixed with sobbing, the sound is enough to make me cry for myself, but I don't. I stand there and watch as the giant brings her to his mouth, resting her upper torso between his teeth, the giant hesitates for a moment. I hear to woman let out a blood curling shriek, as giant snaps his mouth shut. The screaming abruptly stops and blood flies everywhere, droplets splattering onto my face. That giant just ate someone alive.

I stand there, in horror looking at the bottom half of the woman's body lying on the ground discarded by the giant. The giant snaps it's head around so that it's facing me. It's toothy smile caked in blood, and eyes open so wide so that no skin is touching the iris. Fear paralyses me, I can hear my heart thumping in my own ears. The giant's hand reaches towards me.

I run away as fast as I can, back the way I came. I look to my right as I'm sprinting for my life, I see a young girl, about the age of eight, trip and fall over, and behind her is a giant. This giant is about ten meters tall. The girl scrambles on the ground until she is facing the giant, backing up on her hands and knees as quick as she can to escape its grasp.

I run towards the girl, the giant now bowing down its head to get her from the ground with its mouth. I run in front of the girl.

"STOP!" I scream and I stick my hand in front of the giants face. The giant is now ground level and is looking at me right in the eyes. I draw my fist back and punch it in the center of its eye. My fist plunges right through it, squelching as I push it in further. The giant screams,but it sounds more like a roar. I pull my hand out of it's eye and punch the other one. The same squishing sound comes, and I feel the gel eye liquid squelch through my fingers. I pull my hand out and the giant stands up and places the palms of its hands over its eyes, roaring loudly. Both of its eyes are steaming, maybe it's tears of pain?

I turn around and see the girl crying, her hand over her head to protect it. I walk over to her and touch her shoulder.

"It's ok now, the monsters gone." I say and she looks to the ground.

"No," she cries out "they'll never be gone." She curls up into a ball and cries. I bend down and place a hand on her shoulder.

"Then I'll get us out of here alive." I say. She looks up at me, I expect to see a small petite face. She actually has the face of Levi, but with girl hair, it may actually have been more terrifying than the giants themselves.

"Wake up brat." the little girl or Levi says. I rub my eyes closed and open them again. I see the Levi looking down at me, and I see that I'm back in the mirror room.

"What the hell?" I groan out, looking around tiredly. A look of surprise fills Levi's face, probably didn't expect me to say 'hell' with me abnegation status.

"What... what happened?" I ask.

Levi stares at me coldly

"You failed the test."