Liam seemed to remember that the doctor was still standing there. "Um - so when can we see him?"

"Tomorrow morning," the doctor said, then offered them a small smile. "He'll be alright, don't worry. This could have gone a very tragic way, but it didn't and I think we are all very grateful for that."

"Thank you," Liam exhaled, watching as the doctor left. He sat back in the chair, running a hand through his hair. Then he looked up at the boys and Eleanor. "Are you guys all right? Anyone hungry, thirsty?"

Niall thought back about what Zayn had told him about Liam going through the hardest time because he tended to worry about everyone else as well. With a sudden rush of affection for the big-hearted boy, Niall gave him a quiet pat on the shoulder. "I can handle dinner tonight."

"Yeah," Eleanor said, picking up quickly. "I'll buy the boys something to eat."

"You need rest too, Lima Bean," Harry said, his voice thick but steady. "We - we can handle it for a while. Go home tonight. Call up Danielle. You need to focus on yourself."

"No, I couldn't just leave -"

"You've done enough, Liam," Louis said kindly, in the softer tone that he rarely used with anyone but Harry. "Zayn will be fine, even if it doesn't always feel that way when we think about it. And it's one night, we'll be okay."

"Yeah, we'll see you again in the morning," Niall said.

"Are you sure, because -"

"Yes, Liam, honestly," Harry insisted. "I may not have exceeded the mental capacity of a five-year-old yet, but look, we have Eleanor around. What could go wrong? She's basically our mother."

Eleanor rolled her eyes, but she was smiling a little.

"Yeah, you're right," Liam said after a moment, contemplating. "Okay, yeah. Just for tonight. I'll go to Danielle's, I haven't seen her since this whole thing started."

"Exactly," Louis said, pushing Liam out of the door. "Go get her, Ten Inches."

"Make sure everyone eats," Liam called back. "And remember vegetables, you've gotta keep your strength up! Niall's pills are in the drawer of his room, Eleanor can borrow some pajamas from Louis for tonight, I'll call later on to make sure everyone's doing okay! Oh and Harry lay off the chili, you've had too much of that and Louis remember to limit your caffeine and alcohol, Niall don't even think about doing any vigorous activity, I'll-"

"Liam, I am going to physically shove you out of the room and lock the door if you don't go," Louis warned, lightly nudging Liam outside. It took another few minutes, but eventually they were on separate sides of the glass doors, with a locked handle in between to stop Liam trying to come back in.

"I'LL CALL TONIGHT!" Liam yelled from outside. "DON'T TRASH THE PLACE!"

Once he was gone, Louis took a seat next to Niall, tapping his arm gently. "You alright?"

"I'll be fine," Niall said, even though he felt like he was lying through his teeth. "I'm just disappointed in Zayn, you know? I trusted him to control himself, or at least just talk about it. And he didn't do either, so look where we are now."

"I know how that feels," Louis said, his voice quiet as he flicked a quick glance over at Harry, who was talking to Eleanor. "Believe me."

"What's going on with you and Harry?" Niall asked suddenly, realizing that it had never occurred to him to find out. "Are you still upset with him because of what he said yesterday?"

Louis rubbed a hand over his face, exhaling. "I"m upset with Harry for a lot of reasons right now, Niall. But yes, what he said yesterday is one of them."