Light In Dark

--

Harry breathed in, inhaling the scent of faded body cologne and soap, his face pressed into the juncture of Louis' neck. One arm rested over his bare back, fingertips dipping down the space below, and the other lay tangled inside the worn white sheets.

"Harry," Louis mumbled, his voice addled with sleep, rolling slowly onto his side, hands absentmindedly pulling the other boy closer to him, until they were sharing the same body heat. His eyes were closed, flickering to catch the light of day, but his lips moved softly through Harry's hair; the other boy could feel every kiss, every breath shifting through the spaces between each strand.

Pale sunlight crept around the room, catching onto the walls and bouncing off Louis' skin.

Harry waited for his vision to settle into focus, slowly getting used to the strange and yet calmingly familiar situation that he was in.

He and Louis were lying together on the bed. No shirts on. His mind tried to bend backwards and reach into the memory of last night, but the scent of Louis' skin was intoxicating and he couldn't concentrate hard enough.

"Lou?" he whispered, nudging into Louis' neck with his nose. He couldn't help himself from moving in closer to leave soft kisses on the other boy's throat, one after the other, never getting tired of it. "Louis, wake up."

Louis' eyelashes fluttered open, and Harry's breath caught in his throat as he found himself staring into the wide, strange blue eyes.

"Hi," he breathed, not bothering to hide the wonder in his voice. Louis was so unbelievably beautiful, it made all the sentences in his head scatter into little pieces, commas and unfinished phrases bouncing around meaninglessly. "Good morning, sunshine."

Louis smiled, raising his fingertips to graze them along the skin of Harry's shoulder, moving down his arm and going in light circles round his wrist.

"You're perfect, Harry," he said softly, looking up with sleepy heavy lids. "Did you know that?"

Harry's heart jumped around in his chest, colliding into his ribs and stealing the oxygen from his lungs. Louis' fingertips continued circling his wrist softly-- the slight movements were making Harry's mind fill with soft lights and go numb. Louis was watching him, with blue eyes that could have trapped the ocean inside them, tired and sad and still beautiful.

"I love you," he said, warmth flooding up his throat, swimming around his mouth with a thousand different kinds of affection. "I love you, Louis."

"I love you too, silly," Louis' mouth lifted into a smile. "Come here and kiss me."

Harry wondered if Louis could hear the embarrassing way his heart was pounding, blood rising up to his face, skin going warm just at the thought of him.

He leaned down, using his fingers to brush Louis' fringe gently over his forehead. "You need to cut your hair, you know," he murmured, half an inch away from Louis' lips. "It's getting so long these days."

"Mm," Louis hummed, anchoring his hands onto the back of Harry's neck, pale skin flushed against the porcelain blue eyes. "Shut up and kiss me."

"Close your eyes," Harry said.

"What are you playing at?" Louis looked up, smile crinkles like a mini spiderweb around his eyes. "Don't like my eyes?"

"They're distracting," Harry mumbled. "Too blue."

Louis grinned, closing his eyes submissively. Now that the stunning rings of cerulean were out of the way, Harry could focus more on the pale lips, messy eyebrows, sharp nose, cheekbones, and tiny ears.