Lost

~Tord's POV~

     3 days. 3 days since Tom said those words. I've been avoiding him. Matt keeps giving Tom reasons to stay away from me.
     "Thanks scaredy cat..." a muttered to myself. I got myself into the habit of calling him that.
     "Nature hike, no way out this time!" I heard Edd call out to every one, but I could tell it was directed mostly towards Tom, Matt, and I, since we stayed last time.
     I cursed quietly under my breath and walked towards the meeting area. Somehow I was the last one there. Not like it really mattered though.
     "Today, we'll be practicing teamwork in small groups!" Edd cheered.
Oh no, please don't let this happen.
     "Ok, there will be groups of three, the first group is..." I listened for my name as Edd listed the groups.
     "Since we don't have enough people, there will be a group of two! That group will be..."
     "Don't you dare..." I whispered with clenched teeth.
     "...Tom and Tord!" Edd finished with a grin.
     That little shit planned this!
     "Tord?" I heard Tom's soft voice behind me. "Should we go?"
     "Yeah, come on!" I couldn't help but smile at him.
     We started off down a randomly chosen trail.
     We walked and made small talk, but not much else. Honestly, what else could we do?
     I wasn't really paying attention to where I was going. How hard could it be to follow a trail?
     I sighed, realizing this was my only chance to talk with Tom since Matt would separate us as soon as we got back.
     "Hey Tom?" I said, breaking the short period of silence we were having.
     "Yeah?" I heard him from behind me.
     "W... what did you mean the other day...?"
     "Huh?" I heard his footsteps speed up, probably do he was closer.
     "When you said you loved me..." I didn't look back at him. Truthfully, I was afraid of the response I was about to receive.
     "There's not much to it!" He responded cheerfully and walked up next to me.
     I looked at him quizacaly. "Oh?"
     "Well yeah! Love is love, right?"
     "Did your parents teach you that?"
     "My parents aren't very talkative...!" I heard him laugh quietly to himself.
     I decided not to ask and kept walking.
     "Hey Tord...? Where's the trail?" I stopped walking when I heard that, which caused Tom to run into me.
     I looked around, he was right. The trail was nowhere in sight. Even worse, I didn't recognize any of the surroundings.
     "Oh fuck..." I cursed under my breath so Tom wouldn't hear.
     Tom looked around. Somehow, he didn't look nervous, angry, or even a little upset. Instead, he was smiling.
     I couldn't understand that. I could understand if Edd was doing that, but not Tom. He didn't smile much.
     Tom walked to a large tree and sat under it with his back up against it.
     I slowly walked over as well. I sat down in the soft grass and stared at him.
     After a few moments of silence I decide to lay down and close my eyes. Seconds later, I felt Tom lay next to me.
     I couldn't start a conversation, I didn't know what to say.
     "Tord?" I guess I didn't need to.
     I hummed in response since I was starting to fall asleep.
     "I really do mean it!"
     "Mean what?"
     I felt a weight on top of me suddenly, I opened my eyes to see Tom sitting on top of me. He was light, so I didn't have a problem with it.
     "What are you doing?" I asked, my curioisity was taking over.
     Instead of answering, he just smiled softly. It looked like he was unsure of how to respond.
     I knew I should say something or this would just keep getting more awkward.
     Or I could just fuck it all up. I already knew I was doing that.
     I sat up to I was face to face with him. He tilted his head a little.
     Without thinking, I leaned forward a little and kissed him.
     I didn't mean to, it just happened!
     I expected to be pushed away or something.
     To my surprise, he kissed back.
     I pulled away and looked directly at him and laughed.
     "Guess I love ya too Puppy."
     He looked confused. "Puppy?"
     "Yeah! You act like a puppy!"
     He giggled and climbed off of me. He laid on his side and closed his eyes.
     I guess a nap wouldn't hurt, neither of us could find the trail anyways.
     I felt his arms wrap around me and I smiled.
     It's funny honestly. I came here thinking I'd hate it, but right now isn't so bad. I just hoped my parents wouldn't ever find out.
     I soon cleared my mind, closed my eyes, and drifted off to sleep.

     I awoke to someone calling my name. I opened my eyes and sat up to see what was happening.
     I sighed when I saw Edd, Matt, who was probably dragged along, and one of the counselors.
     "There you guys ar-" I cut him off by holding up my middle finger.
     All he did was laugh.
     Matt seemed more focused on Tom, who was still partially holding onto me.
     I expected some stupid comment about it being bad, but instead he smiled.
     "Cute..." He said softly. He glanced at Edd but looked away quickly.
     I smirked. "So in reality, you're no better than us?" I held back a fit of laughter.
     Matt took a few seconds to catch on. "What!? N-no way!"
     That's the loudest I've ever heard him speak.
     Tom blinked open his eyes and yawned. "Morning?" He questioned.
     "Afternoon" I corrected calmly.
     He nodded and sat up, finally letting go of me.
     After a few minutes of me explaining what happened to the counselor, we all headed back to camp.
     Edd was greeted by cheering and friendly smiles.
     Tom, Matt, and I just stood in the back.
     "Tent?" I asked without looking at either of them.
     "Mhm" they both responded and we all walked away to the tent.
     I sighed, lost in thought as I walked.

     What if my parents do find out...?