Nature Hike

~Tord's POV~

     "Tord! Wake up! We're going on a nature hike!" An enthusiastic voice interrupted my slumber. God dammit Edd.
     I had fallen asleep outside in favor of sleeping near the dumbasses at this camp.
     "Tooooord!" Edd continued to call. I knew he wouldn't go away until I at least responded.
     "What Edd?" I muttered. I didn't open my eyes, hoping he would go away soon.
     "I told you! We're all going on a nature hike!" He paused, as if debating if he should keep talking or not. "Aaand! The counselors put me in charge of gathering all the campers!"
     I sighed and opened my eyes, looking at Edd, who was smiling like this was the best damn thing that ever happened to him.
     "Fine" I stated simply, not wanting to engage in a conversation of any sort. I stood up and followed Edd, who had run off as soon as I agreed.
     "How can he be so cheerful all the time?" I muttered to myself as I walked. "It doesn't make any sense..."
     Of course, those words were coming from a cynic, not someone who's opinion actually mattered.
     I stopped walking when I reached a small clearing with many logs placed in an audience type seating. A few kids were sitting on them but most everyone chose to do something else. That "something else" was talking to Edd. Jesus, was that kid friends with everyone?
    Edd soon stood up on a random stump and called for attention. Every one obliged. Even me for some reason.
     "Ok everyone!" Edd started. "I've been put in charge of the nature hike, so let's get going!" He smiled.
     "Are you in charge of everything the damn counselors are too fucking lazy to do!?" I argued. Everyone gasped. Both at the fact that I just snapped at Edd but also swore in the process of doing so.
     Edd didn't mind though.
     "The counselors like me!" He cheered.
     "Oh, really? No shit!" I snarled.
     Edd sighed, he looked like he was getting tired of this.
     "Tord, for your bad attitude, you'll be staying in camp!"
     That's not a punishment.
     "And you'll be staying in our tent with Matt and Tom!" He finished.
     Ok, now it's a punishment.
     Edd jumped down from the stump and guided me towards the tent area. When we arrived, Edd opened up a tent, told Matt and Tom what was going on, and left without saying another word to me.
     Great, now I was stuck in a tent with one kid who thinks I'm in love with his friend and one kid who doesn't have enough courage to keep his own life together.
     I turned my back to them, hoping that we could ignore eachother.
     "Tord...?" I heard Tom say softly.
     Dammit, I couldn't ignore him. I turned back around and smiled. "Yeah?"
     Tom paused, like he was scared to say anything else.
     "What is it Tommy?" I asked. What the actual fuck did I just call him. I glanced at Matt who was giving me a weird look. Fuck off scaredy cat.
     Tom tilted his head, processing my words carefully.
     "I... forgot..." he murmured.
     "That's fine!" I smiled. "If you remember, feel free to tell me!"
     Tom nodded and returned my smile.
     Matt crossed his arms, eyeing me suspiciously.
     I simply stuck my tongue out at him and turned back to Tom.
     Tom was smiling cheerfully. I was glad to see he wasn't acting so nervous now.
     Wait, why the hell did I care? I hardly know him! Am I...?
     "Nei..." I muttered to myself.
     Tom tilted his head but said nothing.
     God that was cute. He looked like a lost puppy when he tilted his head.
     What the hell am I saying!? Was Edd right yesterday!? No, I refuse to ever say that Edd was right.
     Right...?
     I quickly realized that I was spacing out. I shook my head and snapped back to reality.
     Matt was looking away now. I guess he had enough.
     Tom looked like he was deep in thought. He hugged his teddy bear close.
     What's he thinking about?
     My gaze fell to his teddy bear. It looked fairly worn out, he must have had it for a long time.
     "Aha!" Tom said suddenly.
     I looked up at him, curious to hear what he had to say.
     "I remember what I was going to say!" He smiled.
     Matt looked over curiously.
     "Go for it!" I grinned.
     Tom got a bit closer.
     "I love you! He said suddenly and hugged me.
     My eyes widened, Matt avoided eye contact quickly.

     What did he say...?