🌌

Okay so I'm working on a rough draft for my prepared speech for FFA next year and this is what I have so far

Imagine this: you've lived in a peaceful habitat for generations, coexisting with your fellow animals. But then dreadful monsters arrive, with their sticks that kill. This is the situation most animals find themselves in. Hunting is perfectly acceptable- except when it causes the number of the species to dwindle to almost nothing. This is why protection laws are put into place.
But sometimes, despite our best efforts, we lose this species. Such cases include the Thylacine, which died out in 1936, the golden toad, dying out in 1986,the Western black rhinoceros, which completely died out in 2011, and, most recently, the last male Northern White Rhino. There are many, many more animal species that have been lost over time, despite conservation efforts. And I believe it's time for the people as a whole to step up.
In Idaho alone, we have 74 species of mammals, birds, fish, and reptiles that fall under the categories of Threatened, Species of Concern, or Endangered, and that's not even counting the 8 species of invertebrates and the many plants that go along with them.
    Idaho has a problem. Invasive species and excessive hunting are some causes of the numbers of these creatures decreasing every year. But an even worse problem is poaching. Because of poachers, the numbers of woodland caribou are few. Their habitats are also being damaged by logging and climate change.
    For species like the peregrine falcon, populations have finally been brought up. The species was on the brink of death due to organochlorine pesticides, which built up in the falcon's fat tissues and reduced the calcium in their eggshells. The thinner eggshells caused fewer falcons to survive hatching. Luckily, they were brought back to a stable condition due to captive breeding. If this doesn't prove how effective conservation tactics are, think of the grey wolves. Their population rates are now up to of least concern thanks to being reintroduced into Yellowstone National Park. In 1994, they began shipping wolves into Yellowstone. Results over the following years yielded great success. Park rangers kept them in pens temporarliy and attached radio collars. They  monitored them closely, feeding them animals that had died around the park and minimizing human contact.